cTrader "pip scale" constantly goes flukey, and nowhere near being correct

Created at 05 Jan 2024, 02:08
How’s your experience with the cTrader Platform?
Your feedback is crucial to cTrader's development. Please take a few seconds to share your opinion and help us improve your trading experience. Thanks!
FI

firemyst

Joined 26.03.2019

cTrader "pip scale" constantly goes flukey, and nowhere near being correct
05 Jan 2024, 02:08

See images below. I haven't yet found a way to be able to reproduce this consistently, but it is happening to me frequently on the latest Spotware release. The only way I've found to correct it is to close down cTrader and restart it.

I've noticed this “pip scale” issue after changing templates while also changing timeframes from something like “renko bars” to normal time-based bars like M1 or M15. 

Again, I can't find a way to reproduce it on demand, but the last two months it seems to be happening more.

In the above capture, there's no way that scale is 100 pips on the UK100.

Similarly below:

Now when I restart cTrader, the chart FINALLY corrects itself (notice it's now 10 pips and not 100 on the UK100):

Once the pip scale gets corrupted, I haven't found a way to have it reset (even changing symbols/timeframes) without restarting the application.

@firemyst
Replies

PanagiotisCharalampous
05 Jan 2024, 06:55

Hi firemyst,

Any chance you can provide us with more clear images? I cannot see the pip scale in these images.

Best regards,

Panagiotis

@PanagiotisCharalampous

firemyst
05 Jan 2024, 07:24

RE: cTrader "pip scale" constantly goes flukey, and nowhere near being correct

PanagiotisCharalampous said: 

Hi firemyst,

Any chance you can provide us with more clear images? I cannot see the pip scale in these images.

Best regards,

Panagiotis

How much more clear do you want? If you open the images in a “new tab” on your browser and/or download them and then zoom in with the Microsoft image viewer, the market value on the right is quite clear.

I've done just that now and here they are (first one is NAS, the last two are the FTSE100 before and after restarting cTrader) :

All times are UTC + 8

@firemyst

firemyst
05 Jan 2024, 08:08

Hi firemyst,

Best regards,

Panagiotis

I've just managed to reproduce the issue again. I will submit the Youtube link using cTrader's “Report a technical” issue right now, while the scaling is messed up, referencing this forum discussion.

@firemyst

firemyst
10 Jan 2024, 07:59

Hi firemyst,

Best regards,

Panagiotis

Any updates on this? Have they discovered the issue? It's getting to be real annoying. 

Check out the GER40 today in multichart mode.

You can see the same numbers on the right side of both charts, but notice how one chart is screwed and says “100” pips while the other is correct and says “10” pips based on the values:

@firemyst

PanagiotisCharalampous
10 Jan 2024, 10:10

RE: RE: cTrader "pip scale" constantly goes flukey, and nowhere near being correct

firemyst said: 

Hi firemyst,

Best regards,

Panagiotis

Any updates on this? Have they discovered the issue? It's getting to be real annoying. 

Check out the GER40 today in multichart mode.

You can see the same numbers on the right side of both charts, but notice how one chart is screwed and says “100” pips while the other is correct and says “10” pips based on the values:

Hi firemyst,

Our team is still investigating this issue. Can you please send us the template you are using at 00:29 of the video?

Best regards,

Panagiotis

@PanagiotisCharalampous

firemyst
10 Jan 2024, 11:40

RE: RE: RE: cTrader "pip scale" constantly goes flukey, and nowhere near being correct

Hi firemyst,

Our team is still investigating this issue. Can you please send us the template you are using at 00:29 of the video?

Best regards,

Panagiotis

Sent as requested to the “community” address with subject ATTN PANAGIOTIS

Hopefully it'll help the team figure out what's going on.

@firemyst

PanagiotisCharalampous
11 Jan 2024, 06:23

RE: RE: RE: RE: cTrader "pip scale" constantly goes flukey, and nowhere near being correct

firemyst said: 

Hi firemyst,

Best regards,

Panagiotis

Hi firemyst,

Thank you. Unfortunately we were not being able to reproduce this yet. But we will keep trying.

Best regards,

Panagiotis

@PanagiotisCharalampous

firemyst
11 Jan 2024, 09:03

RE: RE: RE: RE: RE: cTrader "pip scale" constantly goes flukey, and nowhere near being correct

firemyst said: 

Hi firemyst,

Best regards,

Panagiotis

Hi firemyst,

Thank you. Unfortunately we were not being able to reproduce this yet. But we will keep trying.

Best regards,

Panagiotis

I've done it again with another template file.

I've made a new video as well showing a bit more and talking through it so your team knows exactly what I'm doing and when. 

When the video finishes uploading to YouTube, I'll email the “community” account with the new video link and template file that I used this time around.

@firemyst

firemyst
23 Jan 2024, 09:51 ( Updated at: 23 Jan 2024, 12:55 )

Hello Team @Spotware / @PanagiotisCharalampous

Any further updates on a fix for this issue?

Thank you

@firemyst

PanagiotisCharalampous
24 Jan 2024, 07:58

firemyst said: 

Thank you

Hi firemyst,

We had no luck reproducing this issue therefore we cannot fix it at the moment.

Best regards,

Panagiotis

@PanagiotisCharalampous

firemyst
07 Mar 2024, 07:22 ( Updated at: 07 Mar 2024, 07:29 )

RE: RE: cTrader "pip scale" constantly goes flukey, and nowhere near being correct

firemyst said: 

Thank you

Hi firemyst,

Best regards,

Panagiotis

It's still happening - affecting the pip spread by a factor of 10. IN this screen capture, I've used the “crosshair” tool to measure the same distance from top → bottom of the chart's scale. You can see the scale says 100 pips while the crosshair says 10 pips.

What I'm doing now is uninstalling Spotware's cTrader Desktop 4.8.30, deleting the folders “Spotware” and “Spotware_Systems_Ltd” from appdata\local folders, and will try another install to see if that corrects the issue.

@firemyst

firemyst
17 Apr 2024, 16:46 ( Updated at: 18 Apr 2024, 05:52 )

firemyst said: 

Thank you

Hi firemyst,

Best regards,

Panagiotis

It's still doing this as of today, April 17th with version 4.8.30.

Doesn't the @Spotware team want to remote desktop and/or something else to get to the bottom of it? It's OBVIOUSLY an issue since I can reproduce it and have provided several videos showing it happening and can still reproduce the issue at will.

It happens when I switch between saved templates on an indicie (like the NAS 100) with a broker that has a pip size set at 0.1 points instead of 1 point on that indicie. 

@firemyst

PanagiotisCharalampous
18 Apr 2024, 06:29

RE: RE: RE: cTrader "pip scale" constantly goes flukey, and nowhere near being correct

firemyst said: 

firemyst said: 

Thank you

Hi firemyst,

Best regards,

Panagiotis

It's still doing this as of today, April 17th with version 4.8.30.

Doesn't the @Spotware team want to remote desktop and/or something else to get to the bottom of it? It's OBVIOUSLY an issue since I can reproduce it and have provided several videos showing it happening and can still reproduce the issue at will.

It happens when I switch between saved templates on an indicie (like the NAS 100) with a broker that has a pip size set at 0.1 points instead of 1 point on that indicie. 

Hi firemyst,

We have noted your report but it is low priority since nobody else reported this. We will come back to you in case we need more information.

Best regards,

@PanagiotisCharalampous

oschult
25 Aug 2024, 14:54 ( Updated at: 26 Aug 2024, 06:44 )

Here you have a second report. It is totally true

As you can see from the image between the two horizontal lines there are 2518.48 - 2498.34 = 20.1 pips which is pretty much what the True Range Indicator shows but when measuring the distance you can see the popup showing 200+ pips. I

@oschult

PanagiotisCharalampous
26 Aug 2024, 07:46

RE: Here you have a second report. It is totally true

oschult said: 

As you can see from the image between the two horizontal lines there are 2518.48 - 2498.34 = 20.1 pips which is pretty much what the True Range Indicator shows but when measuring the distance you can see the popup showing 200+ pips. I

Hi there,

As per the chart's scale, I don't see any problem. The indicator's measuring unit is not pips but quote price.

Best regards,

Panagiotis

@PanagiotisCharalampous