cTrader taking 100% of CPU

Created at 31 May 2018, 16:39
How’s your experience with the cTrader Platform?
Your feedback is crucial to cTrader's development. Please take a few seconds to share your opinion and help us improve your trading experience. Thanks!
CT

ctid481452

Joined 29.05.2018

cTrader taking 100% of CPU
31 May 2018, 16:39

https://www.screencast.com/t/kxT6r87XQ

I need cTrader to execute my cBot in a very fast manner.

There is no way in Gods green earth is cTrader every going to execute my trade fast enough when have the time it say Not responding.

I have to restart cTrader/cAlgo every 30-60 mins to get it to speed back up

but it fucks with my cBot every time i restart. loosing the data i need.

version 2 was not great but a hell of lot better that this.

I am sure you didn't test this at all.

I am sure WE ARE YOUR FIRST TESTERS

you DO NOT put traders first.

you have invested so much time and money into spying on traders trades.. you have ruined the best retail forex product in the world.  its finished.  there is no way I can use this now!@!

I will need to get a paid software solution.. which is fine.. but Spotware has fucked themselves but treating traders this way.

take that stupid Moto down  "Traders First"   you are just embarrassing yourselves.

I am sure you can see everything I do.. and are going to look me up now..

but do you really think that just adding more spyware for the brokers is the best way to grow your business?

Brokers read these forums too.

if they see unhappy traders they will think twice about buying your product.

Stop pretending everything is fine and dandy and have an urgent meeting tomorrow morning.

Get this cTrader stress tested and fix the problems you will find YOURSELVES 

if it means spliting the cAlgo and cTrader then DO IT

fuck your spyware and fix the product first.

@ctid481452
Replies

PanagiotisCharalampous
31 May 2018, 16:58

Dear Trader, 

Spotware cTrader Beta has been available for three months now so you are definitely not the first to test the product. It would be more constructive if you could provide technical details about your situation, so that we can determine if this is a performance issue of if it is just a natural overload. To make safe conclusions we need a) hardware specifications b) the cBot's code c) the number of cBot instances running d) the state of cTrader at the time this happens e.g. number of charts opened.  

Looking forward to your reply and your help to make this product better,

Best Regards,

Panagiotis

@PanagiotisCharalampous

ctid481452
31 May 2018, 17:17

Answer this...

Have you or any of your developers tested the changes?

Dont answer this with the 3 months beta answer.

Have you or any of your developers tested the changes?

@ctid481452

PanagiotisCharalampous
31 May 2018, 17:39

Dear Trader,

Even though the tone and content of your first post is not aligned with the rules and guidelines of the community, I have chosen to ignore it and I kindly asked for further information so that I can help you. However, you insist to derail this into a meaningless conversation in the same tone. I don't see a reason participating in such a conversation. If you wish us to help you further, you are welcome to send us additional information to investigate your issue in depth.

Best Regards,

Panagiotis 

@PanagiotisCharalampous

ctid481452
31 May 2018, 17:54

all of the things you are asking for are alluding to the problem is on my end.

If my i7-4790 3.6Ghz 16GB ram  machine can't handle it then what are your min spec?

it doesn't matter how many instances i have running it always ends up taking all the resources.

but lets say 2 

I have tested this useing just s simple cBot

which is a simple order placing bot with no code in the onTick or OnBar methods, 

this is not a heavy load and the problem is certainly not on my end.

If you run some load testing you will most certainly find the problem. 

This can be delt with within a few hours. You need to escalate this and you need to tell your product manager we have a problem. 

you product manager needs to find out what testing was done. and review the results.

if you product manager is not a developer you need to get your most senior developer to look at the load tests so he can perform the fix

then he needs to patch the problems and push out a fix ASAP

@ctid481452

PanagiotisCharalampous
31 May 2018, 18:00

Hi, 

I don't need the information in order to put the blame on your side but in order to reproduce this on my computer and then show it to the product manager :). If you can send me a sample cBot that behaves this way, I would be able to run it locally and demonstrate it to cAlgo team so that they can run their performance analysis. 

Looking forward to the cBot code!

Best Regards,

Panagiotis

@PanagiotisCharalampous

ctid481452
31 May 2018, 18:01

what is your email address?

@ctid481452

ctid481452
31 May 2018, 18:11

pretty please.. whats your email address?

@ctid481452

ctid481452
31 May 2018, 18:21

Funny isnt it Panagiotis Charalampous

@ctid481452

PanagiotisCharalampous
01 Jun 2018, 08:55

Hi,

You can contact me at community@spotware.com

Best Regards,

Panagiotis

@PanagiotisCharalampous