cTrader 3.0 has been released on Spotware cTrader Beta

Created at 27 Feb 2018, 15:04
How’s your experience with the cTrader Platform?
Your feedback is crucial to cTrader's development. Please take a few seconds to share your opinion and help us improve your trading experience. Thanks!

Spotware

Joined 23.09.2013

cTrader 3.0 has been released on Spotware cTrader Beta
27 Feb 2018, 15:04

Dear Traders,

We are happy to announce that cTrader 3.0 has been released on Spotware cTrader Beta. If you have already installed Spotware cTrader Beta, it should automatically update on restart. After a testing period, the new cTrader will be rolled out to brokers.

We are looking forward to your feedback.

Best Regards,

cTrader Team

@Spotware
Replies

tradingu
28 Feb 2018, 10:09

Great news. It was a long wait :)

@tradingu

tradingu
28 Feb 2018, 10:30 ( Updated at: 21 Dec 2023, 09:20 )

What about linked charts? Is this feature not going to be a part of ctrader 3?

@tradingu

eklon.sousa@gmail.com
28 Feb 2018, 17:15

Am I able to run with my IC Markets account?

@eklon.sousa@gmail.com

dmitrievsky
02 Mar 2018, 10:07

Hi, Spotware, your platform looks really sexy now

Do you plan to add a market for bots and indicators? So traders can sell their products on your market.

@dmitrievsky

dmitrievsky
02 Mar 2018, 11:00

RE:

dmitrievskymax@gmail.com said:

Do you plan to add a market for bots and indicators? So traders can sell their products on your market.

also, how can I hide my email or change for nickname here? I can't do this

@dmitrievsky

Mykhaylo Loboyko
02 Mar 2018, 14:53 ( Updated at: 21 Dec 2023, 09:20 )

RE:

Dear tradingu,

Linked chart feature has been requested many times and it is in our product backlog. It will be implemented soon as well as many other interesting and useful features.

Thank you for your feedback. 

tradingu said:

What about linked charts? Is this feature not going to be a part of ctrader 3?

@Mykhaylo Loboyko

ap11
02 Mar 2018, 15:38

RE:

Hi Max,

Thank you for your feedback!

Yes, we do have plans to make a market for cBots/indicators in the future. 

Regarding nickname. you can change it at https://id.ctrader.com/ in profile settings.

Regards,
Andrey

dmitrievskymax@gmail.com said:

@ap11

alexander.n.fedorov
03 Mar 2018, 10:17

new release

Dear Spotware,

Would be nice of you to supply a complete description of the changes to API and the user's features

@alexander.n.fedorov

Jiri
03 Mar 2018, 23:32

Backtesting is much slower than before. Is this going to be improved when it's officially released?

@Jiri

Jiri
04 Mar 2018, 00:04

RE:

tmc. said:

Backtesting is much slower than before. Is this going to be improved when it's officially released?

Results of speed test with m1 bars from a server for last 7 years:

cAlgo 2.01  : Backtest duration:  4.798 seconds, 2558195 ticks, 43056 bars
cTrader 3.0 : Backtest duration: 88.014 seconds, 2541006 ticks, 42878 bars

The code used for testing:

using System;
using cAlgo.API;

namespace cAlgo
{
    [Robot(TimeZone = TimeZones.UTC, AccessRights = AccessRights.None)]
    public class SpeedTest : Robot
    {
        private DateTime _startTime;
        private int _processedTicks, _processedBars;

protected override void OnStart()
        {
            _startTime = DateTime.Now;
        }

protected override void OnBar()
        {
            _processedBars++;
        }

protected override void OnTick()
        {
            _processedTicks++;
        }

protected override void OnStop()
        {
            var duration = DateTime.Now.Subtract(_startTime);

Print("Backtest duration: {0:0.###} seconds, {1} ticks, {2} bars", duration.TotalSeconds, _processedTicks, _processedBars);
        }
    }
}

@Jiri

PanagiotisCharalampous
05 Mar 2018, 11:09

Hi tmc.

We are currently working on improving performance of the beta version.

Best Regards,

Panagiotis

@PanagiotisCharalampous

eklon.sousa@gmail.com
05 Mar 2018, 17:53

Hi!

I've got some bugs while using tick chart: After some time the chart just stopped to refresh. The bid and ask line keep moving but without drawing the candle and without count the ticks on the bottom.

@eklon.sousa@gmail.com

eklon.sousa@gmail.com
05 Mar 2018, 17:54 ( Updated at: 21 Dec 2023, 09:20 )

Check the gap after bug

@eklon.sousa@gmail.com

eklon.sousa@gmail.com
05 Mar 2018, 17:56 ( Updated at: 21 Dec 2023, 09:20 )

Check the price line without candle

@eklon.sousa@gmail.com

eklon.sousa@gmail.com
05 Mar 2018, 17:58 ( Updated at: 21 Dec 2023, 09:20 )

RE: Check the price line without candle

eklon.sousa@gmail.com said:

@eklon.sousa@gmail.com

PanagiotisCharalampous
06 Mar 2018, 09:51

Hi eklon.sousa@gmail.com,

Thanks for reporting this. Can you please tell us the tick chart you are using?

Best Regards,

Panagiotis

@PanagiotisCharalampous

eklon.sousa@gmail.com
06 Mar 2018, 14:00

RE:

Panagiotis Charalampous said:

Thanks for reporting this. Can you please tell us the tick chart you are using?

Best Regards,

Panagiotis

Hi Panagiotis!

I've tried and faced this issue with T100, T150, T200 and T250. I didn't try the others.

Some times even the plataform restart didn't solve it.

@eklon.sousa@gmail.com

PanagiotisCharalampous
07 Mar 2018, 11:02

Could you please send us some troubleshooting information regarding this issue. When it happens again, please press Ctrl+Alt+Shift+T and submit the form that will pop up. In the text box, please put the link to this discussion.

Best Regards,

Panagiotis

@PanagiotisCharalampous

eklon.sousa@gmail.com
09 Mar 2018, 16:42

RE:

Could you please send us some troubleshooting information regarding this issue. When it happens again, please press Ctrl+Alt+Shift+T and submit the form that will pop up. In the text box, please put the link to this discussion.

Best Regards,

Panagiotis

Done.

Sorry for all those messages but I want to make sure every detail reach you there.

Panagiotis, how long do you expect to take this Beta version before rollout to brokers?

@eklon.sousa@gmail.com

PanagiotisCharalampous
09 Mar 2018, 16:47

You must have noticed that we usually avoid committing on dates :) We will roll out as soon as we make sure that we have a stable product. And the community's help in reporting issues is accelerating this process, therefore in much appreciated.

PS: We have managed to reproduce your issue and our engineers are working on fixing it.

Best Regards,

Panagiotis 

@PanagiotisCharalampous

eklon.sousa@gmail.com
09 Mar 2018, 16:53

RE:

You must have noticed that we usually avoid committing on dates :) We will roll out as soon as we make sure that we have a stable product. And the community's help in reporting issues is accelerating this process, therefore in much appreciated.

PS: We have managed to reproduce your issue and our engineers are working on fixing it.

Best Regards,

Panagiotis 

Ok thank you!

Is possible to connect to my broker using Beta version? This will help to test further

@eklon.sousa@gmail.com

PanagiotisCharalampous
09 Mar 2018, 17:02

RE: RE:

eklon.sousa@gmail.com said:

Best Regards,

Panagiotis 

Ok thank you!

Is possible to connect to my broker using Beta version? This will help to test further

No this is not possible.

Regards,

Panagiotis

@PanagiotisCharalampous

... Deleted by UFO ...

... Deleted by UFO ...

thriscio
24 Mar 2018, 01:31 ( Updated at: 21 Dec 2023, 09:20 )

There is a major bug in the new signature of ModifyPosition with the volume parameter.

The account balance doesn't cummulate the profit made if it was closed by a negative 

In this exemple, I have a Sell Order of 5000. I sell 1000 of this in 5 steps with

Bot.ModifyPosition(positionSell, positionSell.VolumeInUnits - 1000);

@thriscio

PanagiotisCharalampous
26 Mar 2018, 11:58

Hi thriscio,

Thanks for reporting this. Could we have a cBot and backtesting parameters that will allow us to reproduce this issue? 

Best Regards,

Panagiotis

@PanagiotisCharalampous

PanagiotisCharalampous
26 Mar 2018, 17:45

Hi thriscio,

We managed to reproduce the issue internally and we will fix it with the next update. Thanks for pointing this out to us.

Best Regards,

Panagiotis

@PanagiotisCharalampous

protradefx
29 Mar 2018, 23:27 ( Updated at: 21 Dec 2023, 09:20 )

hello, 

it seems there is another issue with modify position in backtesting. Look at this case: I have change the position size to 1K and then closed the postion...look at final result. (I would have expected some partial close btw)

Regards

@protradefx

oneb700d@gmail.com
02 Apr 2018, 07:49

DOM total

Could we please at some point have the numbers inside the DOM show a total for bid and ask at the top of each side.

@oneb700d@gmail.com

tradingu
06 Apr 2018, 12:18

The indicator visibility across different time frames is still not configurable in new beta 3.0. 

This feature is already availlable on web version. 

Will this be part of final 3.0 rollout?

https://imgur.com/a/blE4k

@tradingu

PanagiotisCharalampous
10 Apr 2018, 10:24

Hi tradingu,

No this will not be a part of cTrader 3.0. It will be added in a future release.

Best Regards,

Panagiotis

@PanagiotisCharalampous

PapaGohan
09 May 2018, 22:42

Hey great work! There is no t70 tick option though! The list shows 60, 80, 90!! The one I wanted to use is actually t70, is there any chance on adding this before the release?

@PapaGohan

PanagiotisCharalampous
10 May 2018, 11:56

Hi PapaGohan,

Unfortunately t70 will not be a part of this release.

Best Regards,

Panagiotis

@PanagiotisCharalampous

eklon.sousa@gmail.com
10 May 2018, 20:18

RE:

Best Regards,

Panagiotis 

Hi Panagiotis!

How are you?

I'm really enjoying the version 3.0 specially the higher tick charts.

I know that you guys avoid committing on dates and that's fine. I just want to know if you have any information about the test and how the version 3 is going maybe to see forecast or next steps for the version 3. I'm waitiing for it!

Thank you so much!

@eklon.sousa@gmail.com

PanagiotisCharalampous
11 May 2018, 10:17

Hi Eklon,

Thanks for your message. Indeed we avoid committing on dates, it is a policy to compromise on time rather than on quality. However, we understand your impatience to get new features more often, therefore we are currently restructuring our processes for a faster release cycle for our client side applications. Rest assured that you will be receiving updates more often in the future.

Now regarding what is coming soon, our immediate plans include a symbol centric design of cTrader, more chart types (renko, range etc), new features in cTrader Automate like visual backtesting and Charts API, a revamped cTrader Copy application and many more. We will post detailed announcements about these new features soon.

Best Regards,

Panagiotis

@PanagiotisCharalampous

equantfx
11 May 2018, 13:14

RE:

HEllo,

I unfortunately also have the slow back testing issue that others have reported.  When backtesting from say 2015,  I see that it sometimes just stops at around 2017.  While the bugs /optimizations are being sorted out,  is there some way that I can get the old Calgo version 2 series?  I cannot find a download link.  I would like to replace the Beta temporarily so that I can continue backtesting/optimizations.

Regards,

shelby

@equantfx

PanagiotisCharalampous
11 May 2018, 14:13

Hi shelby.pereira,

There is no cAlgo 2.01 available from Spotware. However you can download it from brokers that still have not rolled out cTrader 3.0.

Best Regards,

Panagiotis

@PanagiotisCharalampous

joreypull@gmail.com
29 May 2018, 14:05 ( Updated at: 21 Dec 2023, 09:20 )

There is a problem with crosshair...

When you select crosshair and press the mouse button.. while keeping it pressed.. when you drag it to another point on chart to see data like pips, period and price.. However if there is an indicator there(like bollingerband on that spot), you can't read the data.

I know its hard to explain.. so check screenshot:

It is showing bollinger bands(simple etc.) while it should be showing me crosshair data like pips, period, price etc. That's the way it was in previous version.

@joreypull@gmail.com

PanagiotisCharalampous
29 May 2018, 16:17

Hi joreypull@gmail.com,

Thanks for reposting this issue to us. I have forwarded it to our product team for investigation.

Best Regards,

Panagiotis

@PanagiotisCharalampous

linkavich14
30 May 2018, 04:14

Since the update to 3.0, the application is horrible slow, just setting my TP and SL makes the application slow down or crash, after seeing this I am considering of moving all my capital to meta trader again

@linkavich14

camilojavier212
30 May 2018, 07:09

Hello Spotware.  Congratulations on the new version.  The account analysis interface seems great to me.  However I find it somewhat annoying not being able to accommodate the toolbox somewhere to save some more space.  For example under the analysis and graphic menu on the left of the screen.

@camilojavier212

camilojavier212
30 May 2018, 07:12

Version 3.0

Hello Spotware.  Congratulations on the new version.  The account analysis interface seems great to me.  However I find it somewhat annoying not being able to accommodate the toolbox somewhere to save some more space.  For example under the analysis and graphic menu on the left of the screen.

@camilojavier212

... Deleted by UFO ...

Marin0ss
20 Jun 2018, 10:38

Hi,

Indeed, congrats to latest update; one question though, as asked before, why is 70 tick chart option missing? Has this been done on purpose? If so, what is the idea behind this?

I don't understand why all other multplies of 10 ticks are available and 70 is not??!!?

Thanks in advance for your reply!

@Marin0ss

... Deleted by UFO ...

... Deleted by UFO ...

... Deleted by UFO ...

... Deleted by UFO ...