Timeframes more than 34 ticks (Any period of ticks)

Created at 25 Jul 2016, 05:34
How’s your experience with the cTrader Platform?
Your feedback is crucial to cTrader's development. Please take a few seconds to share your opinion and help us improve your trading experience. Thanks!

andresort28

Joined 13.09.2015

Timeframes more than 34 ticks (Any period of ticks)
25 Jul 2016, 05:34

cAlgo and cTrader should have the possibility to choose any timeframe in ticks, no only the diferent ticks options it has. The ideal would be that anyone could choose the period of ticks that would, for example (100 ticks), (250 ticks), (50 ticks), (1000 ticks), (3500 ticks), any period of ticks they want, in order to see the chart more accurate according to the price changing and not only by the time (which are the most common timeframes, but actually they are not so accurate).

@andresort28
Replies

zumzum
30 Jul 2016, 18:00

RE:

As long as spotware isn't able to fix the issue with changing candlesticks when refreshing the chart the benefit of higher tick periods is disputable anyway :(

andresort28 said:

cAlgo and cTrader should have the possibility to choose any timeframe in ticks, no only the diferent ticks options it has. The ideal would be that anyone could choose the period of ticks that would, for example (100 ticks), (250 ticks), (50 ticks), (1000 ticks), (3500 ticks), any period of ticks they want, in order to see the chart more accurate according to the price changing and not only by the time (which are the most common timeframes, but actually they are not so accurate).

@zumzum

02 Sep 2016, 15:49

RE: RE:

zumzum said:

As long as spotware isn't able to fix the issue with changing candlesticks when refreshing the chart the benefit of higher tick periods is disputable anyway :(

andresort28 said:

It's been voted on before, but yep, 70 ticks would be great, or a custom version, like ProRealTime has.  

@1007601

Spotware
09 Sep 2016, 15:33

Please be advised that custom tick chart periods are in our plans. There is a lot of work involved in providing this feature and to ensure it is feather light so please bare with us and stay tuned. 

@Spotware

andresort28
10 Sep 2016, 07:19

Excellent news. Definitely I love cTrader & cAlgo and your product area. Anything I can collaborate to improve your platform, please feel free to contact me. I'm Software Engineer and I'll feel really good in order to improve the best algorithmic trading platform in the world.
@andresort28

... Deleted by UFO ...