Pair name backround

Created at 02 May 2013, 17:13
How’s your experience with the cTrader Platform?
Your feedback is crucial to cTrader's development. Please take a few seconds to share your opinion and help us improve your trading experience. Thanks!
MO

moneymax

Joined 28.02.2013

Pair name backround
02 May 2013, 17:13

Hi

Possible to add this as per example.  Using 8 monitors and it will help immensely, having the pair name faint in the backround.

Thanks

@moneymax
Replies

moneymax
02 May 2013, 17:15 ( Updated at: 21 Dec 2023, 09:20 )

RE:
moneymax said:

Hi

Possible to add this as per example.  Using 8 monitors and it will help immensely, having the pair name faint in the backround.

Thanks

@moneymax

Scott
02 May 2013, 17:42

Pair name

Hi Moneymax

I came up with a solution to this by using this free software that allows you to create a transparent background overlay, that also allows you to interact with the charts under it http://www.digitalartistguild.com/misc/UtilityExplain/UtilityExplain.html

you can open multiple copies, I take it that you know how to create a transparent .png if this is not the case then download GIMP and you'll be able to create one from that (also free)

@Scott

moneymax
02 May 2013, 21:53

Hey Scott

In my previous life i was a graphic designer...no problem with the types of file, but how do i get it onto the chart?

thanks for the heads up

$max

@moneymax

Scott
02 May 2013, 22:43 ( Updated at: 21 Dec 2023, 09:20 )

how

Hi moneymax

What I would do is open the overlay software load up the image, then size it up like below

Then using opacity bar bring it down to its lowist setting, then click on overlay, and the result is below

You can then iteract with the chart, I put in a fib retracement as an example, you can open as many overlays as you want, so you can cover all 8 of your screens, to turn them of I us task manager and end process, don't know any other way but hey it works and thats the main thing.

I also run a web design business for a living, lol

@Scott

moneymax
02 May 2013, 22:59 ( Updated at: 21 Dec 2023, 09:20 )

RE: how
Scott said:

Hi moneymax

What I would do is open the overlay software load up the image, then size it up like below

Then using opacity bar bring it down to its lowist setting, then click on overlay, and the result is below

You can then iteract with the chart, I put in a fib retracement as an example, you can open as many overlays as you want, so you can cover all 8 of your screens, to turn them of I us task manager and end process, don't know any other way but hey it works and thats the main thing.

I also run a web design business for a living, lol

Ha...yur one of those..lol..yeah thanks ill apply it but im sure some coderguru or ctrader emselves can add it ?  Thanks for all the advice Ill surely use it.

Cheers

Moneymax

@moneymax

Scott
02 May 2013, 23:09

RE: RE: how

no probs, just a quick fix

happy to help.

I did think about using lables but at the moment the text size is fixed to either 14px or 16px and most, I would like to be able to show the bid/ask price at 24px but ctrader won't allow this for now

I've been tring to find a overlay magnifying software that would allow me to size it up in the mean while, but all the ones I've found so far require that the mouse pointer is in the area the window is magnifying.

@Scott