Hotkeys for cAlgo!

Created at 24 Apr 2013, 12:42
How’s your experience with the cTrader Platform?
Your feedback is crucial to cTrader's development. Please take a few seconds to share your opinion and help us improve your trading experience. Thanks!

kricka

Joined 13.03.2013

Hotkeys for cAlgo!
24 Apr 2013, 12:42

Hi,

please implent HotKeys for robotstart and stop in cAlgo.

Thanks..

@kricka
Replies

kricka
25 Apr 2013, 07:27

Hi,

there is a third part company that have devoloped an excellent macro program for Windows. I use it at lot in trading. Maybe you guys can have advantage of it too. Macro Express Pro. Search the net and you'll find it.

Though I think this feature should be a priorety for cAlgo to implant,. namely HotKeys for the robots! To start and to stop a robot.

Thanks..

@kricka

kricka
25 Apr 2013, 08:57

Hi,

Forgot to mention it but the HotKeys should be applied to instrument level as well!

@kricka

cAlgo_Fanatic
25 Apr 2013, 14:48

Thank you for your suggestions. We will consider adding hot keys to the platform.

@cAlgo_Fanatic

kricka
01 May 2013, 03:00

Hi,

just to make my point why I think HotKeys are so important in trading. Assume you're trading on a smaller screen for example 12"  on a laptop. There will not be space enough to have the robots in sight on the left side of cAlgo. What I would like is to  have is cAlgo on a full screen without seeing the robots on the left side. Hotkeys are also a way to trade safely knowing when invoked they will preform according to the setup.

Thanks..

@kricka

kricka
05 May 2013, 02:09

Hi, 

If you do implant HotKeys on instrument level. The most important ones are "SELL", "BUY", "CLOSE", Cancel Last Order" and "Cancel All Orders"

Thanks..

@kricka

kricka
02 Sep 2013, 23:12

Bringing up this so important step for the Spotware team to pay attention to. Hot keys to start robots in cAlgo and to stop them as well. Smaller devises is taking over the stationary PC industry and to be able to use these devices full out, hot keys is a necessary and need to be integrated, both in cAlgo, cTrader and cTrader Web. Hope this is under development and that we'll see in the near future on the platforms.

@kricka

cAlgo_Fanatic
03 Sep 2013, 12:52

RE:

kricka said:

Bringing up this so important step for the Spotware team to pay attention to. Hot keys to start robots in cAlgo and to stop them as well. Smaller devises is taking over the stationary PC industry and to be able to use these devices full out, hot keys is a necessary and need to be integrated, both in cAlgo, cTrader and cTrader Web. Hope this is under development and that we'll see in the near future on the platforms.

What specifically would you like to do with the hot keys? For instance, a hot key to start all created instances, to start the selected instance, to start all instances of the selected robot?

@cAlgo_Fanatic

kricka
03 Sep 2013, 18:47

Hi,

if you are starting a robot in the robot section and have several robots to choose from there is a high risk of selecting the wrong robot at times. With the security of having an assigned hot key to start the robot, this will make trading more secure and faster. It also would eliminate the need of having the robot section in sight. With other words you can keep cAlgo in the full screen interface. Which of course is necessary on a ultra book or a laptop with only a screen size of 13-15". Sometimes there is a need for the trader to have both cAlgo and cTrader opened at the same time too and that brings out the need to have cAlgo in full screen without seeing the robot section. Just the ability to start and stop a robot with a hot key would make trading a whole lot easier and safer.

@kricka

kricka
03 Sep 2013, 19:03

Hot keys for common tasks like closing all positions, closing sell and buy positions and reversal of positions and so forth would be highly appreciated as well.

@kricka