MQ4 converter

Created at 17 Apr 2013, 04:06
How’s your experience with the cTrader Platform?
Your feedback is crucial to cTrader's development. Please take a few seconds to share your opinion and help us improve your trading experience. Thanks!
LO

longshot

Joined 17.04.2013

MQ4 converter
17 Apr 2013, 04:06

I've recently discovered cTrader & while I love the platform, most of my forex brokers don't support it nor do they plan to anytime soon.

To me this looks like a chicken & egg problem.  Traders won't move from MT4 to cTrader, no matter how superior it is, without their favourite custom indicators and EAs.  Brokers won't adopt cTrader without a groundswell of demand from their customers and/or seeing other brokers support it & not wanting to be left out.

If there were a tool that let a trader plug in an MQ4 file at one end & out pops a C# cAlgo file at the other, that'd be a huge step forward in bringing this trading platform to the unwashed hordes starving on MT4 while Metaquotes tell them to go and eat cake :)

@longshot
Replies

cAlgo_Development
18 Apr 2013, 09:24

This is very good idea and we think about such converter. But for now we are not sure that it's possible to do conversion automatically. And we do not any specific plans to implement it in the nearest future.

@cAlgo_Development

longshot
18 Apr 2013, 12:12

RE:
cAlgo_Development said:

This is very good idea and we think about such converter. But for now we are not sure that it's possible to do conversion automatically. And we do not any specific plans to implement it in the nearest future.

I'm glad that you're considering it.  It'd certainly be a very aggressive move towards gaining a greater slice of the market.

It wouldn't be possible to auto-convert any indicators/EAs that used DLLs of course, but in theory those that purely use MQ4 should be possible shouldn't they?  Its a closed language with a limited feature set and a fixed way of working - wouldn't it be a matter of finding equivalent frameworks & API calls in cAlgo's C#?

If it were to be done, it'd be much better for cAlgo to develop it than a 3rd party, who would probably charge either for the tool or for converting things.

@longshot

DomnikInvest
18 Apr 2013, 12:47

hi,

I also recently discovered cAlgo and cTrader and is realy great platform and I loved it. I come here with the same suggestion for MQ4 converter, becaus traders wan't shift to a new platform like cTrader/cAlgo, no matter how superior it si, until the indicators/EAs are aviable or are easily portable.If you make free tool that reliably transletes MQ4 to cAlgo that'd be a huge step forward.

@DomnikInvest

Karim_Azmi
19 Apr 2013, 20:49

RE:
babalu4u said:

hi,

I also recently discovered cAlgo and cTrader and is realy great platform and I loved it. I come here with the same suggestion for MQ4 converter, becaus traders wan't shift to a new platform like cTrader/cAlgo, no matter how superior it si, until the indicators/EAs are aviable or are easily portable.If you make free tool that reliably transletes MQ4 to cAlgo that'd be a huge step forward.

I totaly agree , great platform ,definitely superior over MT4 . 

However it's like a Mac , much better than a PC , but without using mirroring or wrapping software 

you will probably hate the day you bought it in. Mac's sales and demands sky rocketed once there was an easier way to run .exe files on them.

Please seriously consider developing a converter or a wrapper or a bridging software of some sort to enable MT4's EAs and Custome indicators to run on cTrader.

@Karim_Azmi

ptaczek
15 May 2013, 01:36

RE: RE:
Karim_Azmi said:
babalu4u said:

hi,

I totaly agree , great platform ,definitely superior over MT4 . 

However it's like a Mac , much better than a PC , but without using mirroring or wrapping software 

you will probably hate the day you bought it in. Mac's sales and demands sky rocketed once there was an easier way to run .exe files on them.

Please seriously consider developing a converter or a wrapper or a bridging software of some sort to enable MT4's EAs and Custome indicators to run on cTrader.

+1

@ptaczek

longshot
31 May 2013, 15:39

Just wanted to bump the thread, as it seems MetaQuotes with build 500 of MT4 has basically given the finger to third party developers and service providers - and in doing so have shown they couldn't care less about brokers or traders either.  Its the approach that Apple took in the 1980s, which is why over 90% of our computers run a Microsoft operating system.

If ever there's a window of opportunity for an alternative platform such as cTrader to step forward and take a large chunk of the marketplace its now.  As I said in my first post, its a chicken & egg problem - traders are wary of MetaQuotes and would like to move, but to where?  Were cTrader to provide an easy way of converting MT4 indicators/EAs, brokers offering cTrader would be swarmed with customers downloading demos, this forum's userbase would quadruple, and other brokers would start knocking on your door asking about licensing terms.  If cTrader isn't the first to do this you can bet your life that the developers of some other platform will...

@longshot

geektrader
07 Jun 2013, 07:42

Exactly, take your chance cTrader! cTrader being able to load (or convert MQ4 to cTrader) and you will be able to catpure a HUGE market share, especially in the light of the ugly MT4 build 500 and the bad philosophy MQ follows of accusing their users of using "Illegal services" like MyFxBook and closing all those out. NOW is the time for cTrader!

@geektrader

GDPR-24_94063
10 Jun 2013, 22:09

from Mexico

cTrader, I think you are getting some important feedback here already!!!

GO for it and make the moves ASAP, so many of us are fedup with MetaQuotes by now, but stuck with what we have already running and making us profit.

I would DEFINITELY move.

moneymax
11 Jun 2013, 00:34

I moved long ago....but due to clients i had to stay with mtcrap....the good news is that i just heard from fxsynergy that they are planning to develop their trade manager for cTrader.....which is great news for me trading for a number of others....I think the 2 will compliment each other and show up the flaw called metaquotes....

I'm hooked

@moneymax

Edison
11 Jun 2013, 09:27

RE: from Mexico

Its simple logic:

while(!MT4Translator){ EndUserAdoption == SharplyConstrained}

while
(!ExpertAdvisorBuilderTools){ EndUserAdoption == 
SharplyConstrained}

@Edison

Edison
17 Jun 2013, 12:13

MQ4 converter

Hmmm...  Just bumped into an MT4 autotrader SubForum devoted to finding an MT4 alternative.  The first post mentioned the Forum's user's collective huge investment in time and testing and code in MT4.  Noted that there was a focus on finding a platform that would allow the Forum user's to port all of their stuff across from MT4 with minimum adaptation.  

Further noted the strong universal desire to find an MT4 alternative among posters in the thread.  ...and elsewhere lately, due to recent moves by Metaquotes...

Then I recalled the post here: "...And we do not any specific plans to implement it in the nearest future"

A Luta Continua

I'll keep an eye on developments here, but "in the nearest future" I'm also dusting off my old Easlanguage manual....

@Edison

algotrader
09 Jul 2013, 13:54

MQ4 converter

Guys, please check 2calgo.com.  It is free open source project which converts mq4 indicators to calgo indicators. It is still under development, but it  already fully supports 48% of mq4 indicators.

@algotrader

susantasaren
09 Jul 2013, 17:28

RE: MQ4 converter
algotrader said:

Guys, please check 2calgo.com.  It is free open source project which converts mq4 indicators to calgo indicators. It is still under development, but it  already fully supports 48% of mq4 indicators.

Great Job!!

@susantasaren

DavidRoux
22 Apr 2015, 16:50

Metatrader Sucks

This post was removed by moderator.

@DavidRoux

MQL2C
05 May 2016, 00:57

Convert MQL4 to C#

I can privately convert and fix MQL4 to C# if someone needs help! There is a charge.

Contact me on :

MQL2C@programmer.net

@MQL2C

cauedotnet
15 Jul 2017, 20:49

RE: Convert MQL4 to C#

I have been using http://mq4tocalgo.com/ to convert some experts and indicators. These converters appears to work on code that doesn't import other libraries. If the code is too complex, sometimes could have some errors on the generated c#. So it is good to learn cAlgo so you can fix any issue. 

@cauedotnet