cBot Autostart

Created at 02 Oct 2015, 20:08
How’s your experience with the cTrader Platform?
Your feedback is crucial to cTrader's development. Please take a few seconds to share your opinion and help us improve your trading experience. Thanks!
SI

simba

Joined 22.01.2015

cBot Autostart
02 Oct 2015, 20:08

Hi,

cBot is for automated trading but no feature is available such that a cBot would start automatically at the platform startup.

I understand the risk with this, but adding an optional feature for this could be beneficial. Here is it. I can use Windows scheduler to start automatically my cTrader at Windows startup, but manual intervention is needed to start the cBot. So if my server is down and restarted, I will need to manually intervene. That's where the choice of cBot autostart will really be nice. MT4 has this "natually" ...

Thanks

@simba
Replies

ClickAlgo
02 Oct 2015, 21:02

How often does your server go down?

A VPS should have a good track record of up-time, most are 99.5% on an annual basis, if it ever does go down, which would be rare, you can get notified via SMS.

If you not using a Cloud Server for your automated trading and your using real money then I would highly recommend you start using one.

@ClickAlgo

simba
26 Mar 2016, 14:52

RE:

Paul_Hayes said:

How often does your server go down?

A VPS should have a good track record of up-time, most are 99.5% on an annual basis, if it ever does go down, which would be rare, you can get notified via SMS.

If you not using a Cloud Server for your automated trading and your using real money then I would highly recommend you start using one.

Thanks, but tell me something I don't know about tech and trading!
And even without your VPS going down, if you have an application monitoring that reboots unresponsive applications because well, you want them to be ALWAYS online, then I want my cbot to starts trading automatically!
This is a very basic feature in MT 4/5-land, but obviously a huge step for cAlgo...

@simba

Spotware
29 Mar 2016, 12:42

Dear Trader,

It's in our plans to provide users with the ability to set their cBot to start automatically on the application start up in the future. Stay tuned. Additionally, you can post your ideas/suggestions to http://vote.spotware.com/

@Spotware

simba
29 Mar 2016, 13:06

RE:

Spotware said:

Dear Trader,

It's in our plans to provide users with the ability to set their cBot to start automatically on the application start up in the future. Stay tuned. Additionally, you can post your ideas/suggestions to http://vote.spotware.com/

seriously, you are mocking me as a customer!

1) this request has been around for more than 2 years now and you still have it in plan to do it. clealry, user preference is not on top of your planning.

2) please have a look yourself in vote area and see how many already votes are there for this request. absolutely useless for me to create yet another one.

@simba

capt.ichimuko
20 Feb 2020, 21:06

RE: RE:

simba said:

Spotware said:

Dear Trader,

seriously, you are mocking me as a customer!

1) this request has been around for more than 2 years now and you still have it in plan to do it. clealry, user preference is not on top of your planning.

2) please have a look yourself in vote area and see how many already votes are there for this request. absolutely useless for me to create yet another one.

is there any updates on this?

@capt.ichimuko

PanagiotisCharalampous
21 Feb 2020, 08:52

Hi capt.ichimuko,

Yes you can find this feature here

Best Regards,

Panagiotis 

Join us on Telegram

@PanagiotisCharalampous

capt.ichimuko
21 Feb 2020, 10:26 ( Updated at: 21 Dec 2023, 09:21 )

RE:

PanagiotisCharalampous said:

Hi capt.ichimuko,

Yes you can find this feature here

Best Regards,

Panagiotis 

Join us on Telegram

great, thanks.

@capt.ichimuko