Make the platform more visually appealing

Created at 02 Apr 2013, 15:02
How’s your experience with the cTrader Platform?
Your feedback is crucial to cTrader's development. Please take a few seconds to share your opinion and help us improve your trading experience. Thanks!

traderfx

Joined 27.03.2013

Make the platform more visually appealing
02 Apr 2013, 15:02

To be honest, this is more of a cosmetic suggestion.

But i'd like to see a bit more visual customization available if possible. Ex: Instead of the default set of colors if you could provide an option to allow the user to enter RGB or hex values for custom colors that would be great.

Also, the overall platform using a dark theme is sometimes hard on the eye. Ex: It takes a bit of screen tilting in order to find out which pair i'm currently looking at. If you could set up a lighter theme or make the 'active currency pair tab' a bit more visible that would be great.

@traderfx
Replies

SpotTrader
08 Apr 2013, 09:51

I think its another way around - i.e. dark colours is more easy for eye to stair 12 hrs a day...

@SpotTrader

cAlgo_Fanatic
08 Apr 2013, 10:08

There is no plan at the moment to change the skin of the platform. You may only change the chart colors.

@cAlgo_Fanatic

Timmi
04 Nov 2013, 22:39

this actually cost me money

I recently lost money on a trade - 1/4 of my account - because I thought I was trading in one window (on one chart) and not the other - I couldn't tell the tabs apart, and thought I was still on the other one.  When trading forex, the market can move fast, and reaction times are important. I assume that this is the reason why on the sidebar and in charts you have good contrasting colors. Tabs are important too you know!  

Perhaps you guys all have outdated CRTs and don't understand the problem, but most of your end-user base probably has laptops and LCD screens by now.  Depending on the contrast at different viewing angles, while the overall screen may be oriented perpendicular to the line of sight as it should, the tabs at the top sometimes fade into the background and aren't distinguishable from it because you're viewing them from a bit below. 

When it starts costing you money, and there is intransigence or lack of willingness to look at a problem or to hear users, one must ask if it may be safer to move back to the competition. 

@Timmi

Timmi
04 Nov 2013, 22:42

RE: this actually cost me money

Timmi said:

I recently lost money on a trade - 1/4 of my account - because I thought I was trading in one window (on one chart) and not the other - I couldn't tell the tabs apart, and thought I was still on the other one.  When trading forex, the market can move fast, and reaction times are important. I assume that this is the reason why on the sidebar and in charts you have good contrasting colors. Tabs are important too you know!  

Perhaps you guys all have outdated CRTs and don't understand the problem, but most of your end-user base probably has laptops and LCD screens by now.  Depending on the contrast at different viewing angles, while the overall screen may be oriented perpendicular to the line of sight as it should, the tabs at the top sometimes fade into the background and aren't distinguishable from it because you're viewing them from a bit below. 

When it starts costing you money, and there is intransigence or lack of willingness to look at a problem or to hear users, one must ask if it may be safer to move back to the competition. 

PS:  I do love the dark theme though.  I find it so much easier on the eyes!  Kudos for that.  MT is hard on the eyes, because you can have a black background in a chart, and then you have all the white sidebar and menus etc that are a hard glare.  You should simply offer the possibility to have the active tab in color instead of grey - blue or something like that, so it stands out. How hard and costly can that be to implement? Surely it can't take up much man hours and resources to do - such a simple fix. 

@Timmi