Subject: Request for Cloud Network and Forward Testing Features

Created at 19 May 2024, 08:24
How’s your experience with the cTrader Platform?
Your feedback is crucial to cTrader's development. Please take a few seconds to share your opinion and help us improve your trading experience. Thanks!
DA

danielconte6

Joined 19.05.2024

Subject: Request for Cloud Network and Forward Testing Features
19 May 2024, 08:24

Hello cTrader Team,

First of all, I want to commend you for developing such a robust and user-friendly trading platform. The features and tools available have greatly enhanced my trading experience and allow me to move to cTrader definitely.

I would like to propose two feature enhancements that I believe would significantly benefit the cTrader community:

Cloud Network for Backtesting and Optimization: Similar to the MQL5 Strategy Tester Agent in MetaTrader, it would be incredibly useful to have the capability to utilize a cloud network for backtesting and optimization. This feature would allow users to leverage the processing power of multiple machines, whether they are cloud-based or part of a local network, to perform more efficient and extensive backtesting. This would be particularly beneficial for running genetic algorithm optimizations and handling complex strategies without being limited by the performance of a single machine.

Forward Testing Integration: In addition to the existing backtesting capabilities, integrating a forward testing feature would be immensely valuable. This feature would allow users to split their data into segments for backtesting and forward testing within the same session. For example, after backtesting a strategy from April 1st to May 10th, users could automatically transition into a forward testing phase for the subsequent period. This would help in evaluating the robustness and real-world performance of the strategy beyond the initial backtest period. At the end of the optimization process, it would be helpful to see both the backtest and forward test results side-by-side, providing a more comprehensive view of the strategy's performance.

These features would enhance the efficiency and accuracy of strategy development and testing on cTrader, aligning it with some of the advanced functionalities found in other platforms like MetaTrader.

Thank you for considering these suggestions. I look forward to seeing how cTrader continues to evolve and improve.

Best regards,

cTrader Automate
@danielconte6