Risk and reward feature tweak

Created at 04 May 2024, 18:22
How’s your experience with the cTrader Platform?
Your feedback is crucial to cTrader's development. Please take a few seconds to share your opinion and help us improve your trading experience. Thanks!

ORIADE

Joined 18.07.2022

Risk and reward feature tweak
04 May 2024, 18:22

Hi there, I think the newly added risk and reward feature requires a little tweak pertaining to the cash risk aspect. 

When a trader selected “Cash” as risk calculator method the calculation should be based on the risk amount typed in correlation with the stop loss also inputted. 

example: I use the feature trying to place a $1000 risk sell on GBPUSD. After all my inputs has been set, entry price, sl and tp, my lot size should automatically be calculated to be less than or equal my given risk amount in this case the $1000 i am willing to risk per trade in respect to my sl price inputted. Because the feature currently keeps changing my sl price for me which should not be so. For reference i would suggest you check out Tradelockers version of cash risk calculator, if that doesn't go against you guys rules. Also please bring the feature to desktop version ASAP.

Observe the picture below how the lot size is calculated in respect to the price and sl set. My loss will then be the nearest less than amount or equal to that $1000 but never greater, while keeping my entry price and sl price intact.

thanks

cTrader
@ORIADE