Multi Timeframe Backtesting

Created at 26 Aug 2023, 09:57
How’s your experience with the cTrader Platform?
Your feedback is crucial to cTrader's development. Please take a few seconds to share your opinion and help us improve your trading experience. Thanks!
IB

ibrahimade300

Joined 26.08.2023

Multi Timeframe Backtesting
26 Aug 2023, 09:57

Great platform. Would be more interesting if you could improve the backtesting features… Multi-timeframe backtesting in my opinion.

cTrader
@ibrahimade300
Replies

PanagiotisChar
26 Aug 2023, 14:56 ( Updated at: 26 Aug 2023, 15:01 )

Hi there,

Multitimeframe backtesting is possible. Are you sure you are not referring to multi instance backtesting?

Aieden Technologies

Need help? Join us on Telegram

@PanagiotisChar

jataraya
03 Oct 2023, 03:49 ( Updated at: 03 Oct 2023, 05:25 )

RE: Multi Timeframe Backtesting

PanagiotisChar said: 

Hi there,

Multitimeframe backtesting is possible. Are you sure you are not referring to multi instance backtesting?

Aieden Technologies

Hello, 

in my case need for the same instance. Would be great if be able to have information from different time frame and the same bot can access different timeframe window to draw custom indicator and shapes. 

@jataraya

PanagiotisChar
03 Oct 2023, 05:45 ( Updated at: 03 Oct 2023, 10:59 )

RE: RE: Multi Timeframe Backtesting

jataraya said: 

PanagiotisChar said: 

Hi there,

Aieden Technologies

Hello, 

in my case need for the same instance. Would be great if be able to have information from different time frame and the same bot can access different timeframe window to draw custom indicator and shapes. 

Hi there, 

This is possible. You can get data for any timeframe you want using MarketData.GetBars()

@PanagiotisChar

jataraya
03 Oct 2023, 11:23 ( Updated at: 03 Oct 2023, 12:17 )

RE: RE: RE: Multi Timeframe Backtesting

PanagiotisChar said: 

jataraya said: 

PanagiotisChar said: 

Hi there,

Aieden Technologies

Hello, 

Hi there, 

This is possible. You can get data for any timeframe you want using MarketData.GetBars()

Already use the MarketData.GetBars() , and it working great. What i need now is the way to visualize it cleanly like watching live charts. It will definitely give more insight when developing and debugging

@jataraya

fredyamunoz01
03 Oct 2023, 14:05 ( Updated at: 04 Oct 2023, 05:42 )

Saludos, sería bueno la opción múltiples time frime, porque solo deja e una sola temporalidad, se sacaría mayor provecho dejando modificar o dejar agregar otro ventana con otra temporalidad o periodo para poder tomar mejores decisiones para comerciar.

@fredyamunoz01