run a BackTest via CLI

Created at 28 Jul 2023, 10:48
How’s your experience with the cTrader Platform?
Your feedback is crucial to cTrader's development. Please take a few seconds to share your opinion and help us improve your trading experience. Thanks!
EY

eynt

Joined 08.05.2020

run a BackTest via CLI
28 Jul 2023, 10:48

Hi

It would be very effective to be able to run a BackTest via CLI and not only GUI

Thanks

cTrader Automate
@eynt
Replies

heinrich.munz
28 Jul 2023, 17:40

Not only BackTest, but also much - MORE IMPORTANT - Optimization. This is necessary to implement own walk forward optimization strategies!

@heinrich.munz

ncel01
03 Aug 2023, 11:15

I think the most important at this stage is to be able to run cBots via CLI, in real time, effectively and without any limitations.

@ncel01

heinrich.munz
03 Aug 2023, 11:59

RE: run a BackTest via CLI

ncel01 said: 

I think the most important at this stage is to be able to run cBots via CLI, in real time, effectively and without any limitations.

This is already implemented and available. See latest changes

@heinrich.munz

ncel01
03 Aug 2023, 15:17

CLI is available but this does not exactly mean it is fully functional. As an example, to stop the cBot you need to kill the process, meaning that OnStop() won't be triggered.

I haven't tested this but I believe that many other limitations are still in place since no commands are made available.

While users cannot have any control over de CLI other than just killing the process (which btw is the least desirable action to be taken with any application) this can never be fully functional.

@ncel01