Suspend stop losses at selected times

Created at 05 Jul 2023, 20:41
How’s your experience with the cTrader Platform?
Your feedback is crucial to cTrader's development. Please take a few seconds to share your opinion and help us improve your trading experience. Thanks!
A.

a.magdy.m

Joined 01.01.2021

Suspend stop losses at selected times
05 Jul 2023, 20:41

Hello,

i have a suggestion that i believe is helpful for many traders with many open positions that carry over days/weeks/months etc. 

Issue: at the end of the trading day (typically between 5-6 PM) the spreads go crazy in the FX market causing many unnecessary stop loss activations which would not otherwise have been activated once the spread returns to it's "normal" variance. i attached one example of many where this has caused an otherwise winning trade to become a loss)

Solution: add a feature that, once selected by user, suspends all stop losses on all trades, ideally this feature can be automated by the user to suspend only for a period of time selected by the user (for example daily between 5-6PM ET) etc

or a specified period of time

EDIT: problem is easily solved by using opposite side stop loss setting. Thanks for all who guided me to this solution.

cTrader
@a.magdy.m
Replies

Nick24
05 Jul 2023, 22:30 ( Updated at: 21 Dec 2023, 09:23 )

RE:

a.magdy.m said:

Hello,

i have a suggestion that i believe is helpful for many traders with many open positions that carry over days/weeks/months etc. 

Issue: at the end of the trading day (typically between 5-6 PM) the spreads go crazy in the FX market causing many unnecessary stop loss activations which would not otherwise have been activated once the spread returns to it's "normal" variance. i attached one example of many where this has caused an otherwise winning trade to become a loss)

Solution: add a feature that, once selected by user, suspends all stop losses on all trades, ideally this feature can be automated by the user to suspend only for a period of time selected by the user (for example daily between 5-6PM ET) etc

or a specified period of time

Yeah, I agree. This would be a very nice addition to the platform. It's insane how big the deviation is during these type of times for only a short period.

@Nick24

lisandronahuelh
06 Jul 2023, 21:07

Just use SLs execution on "Opposite Side of Trade", and problem solved. No more SLs activated at the end of the day when spreads widen and your account will still be protected in case of a catastrophe.

@lisandronahuelh

Profit_Islander
07 Jul 2023, 03:34

Just use SLs execution on "Opposite Side of Trade", and problem solved

@Profit_Islander

firemyst
07 Jul 2023, 03:41

As a follow on to the above from @lisandronahuelhillebrand , see this page for more information about Opposite Side of Trade:

@firemyst

a.magdy.m
07 Jul 2023, 15:13

RE:

lisandronahuelhillebrand said:

Just use SLs execution on "Opposite Side of Trade", and problem solved. No more SLs activated at the end of the day when spreads widen and your account will still be protected in case of a catastrophe.

Thanks a lot i did not know this option exist. I’m grateful to you

@a.magdy.m

a.magdy.m
07 Jul 2023, 15:15

RE: Just use SLs execution on "Opposite Side of Trade", and problem solved

Profit_Islander said:

Thanks a lot you are right. I didn’t know this option exists

@a.magdy.m

a.magdy.m
07 Jul 2023, 15:16

RE:

firemyst said:

As a follow on to the above from @lisandronahuelhillebrand , see this page for more information about Opposite Side of Trade:

Thanks a lot for your help

@a.magdy.m