Walk-Forward testing for cBots/cTrader automate

Created at 17 May 2023, 19:11
How’s your experience with the cTrader Platform?
Your feedback is crucial to cTrader's development. Please take a few seconds to share your opinion and help us improve your trading experience. Thanks!
LI

lisandronahuelh

Joined 30.04.2022

Walk-Forward testing for cBots/cTrader automate
17 May 2023, 19:11

Is it possible to program a cBot/system to do walk-forward testing for algos on cTrader? Or is Spotware considering adding this feature to the platform in the near future?

@lisandronahuelh
Replies

jim.tollan
18 May 2023, 14:32

RE:

lisandronahuelhillebrand said:

Is it possible to program a cBot/system to do walk-forward testing for algos on cTrader? Or is Spotware considering adding this feature to the platform in the near future?

yes, i weirdly proposed an approach for this in this thread:

it's definitely a must have in my opinion. might be worth upvoting that thread also, plus adding some further commentary..

@jim.tollan

lisandronahuelh
18 May 2023, 16:56

RE: RE:

Yes, I am aware of your proposal and I up-voted it. I just wanted to put it again to raise attention at Spotware. Thanks for your comment.

jim.tollan said:

it's definitely a must have in my opinion. might be worth upvoting that thread also, plus adding some further commentary..

@lisandronahuelh

jim.tollan
19 May 2023, 11:01

RE: RE: RE:

Yes, I am aware of your proposal and I up-voted it. I just wanted to put it again to raise attention at Spotware. Thanks for your comment.

jim.tollan said:

yup -i agree it's well worth keeping it in the spotlight. That said, i have a feeling that not many folk have explored the topic nor realised the advantages of such a feature. This is demonstrated by the low upvote count on the proposal. Of course, it could be that this type of feature has no appeal for the wider audience - hence the lowish upvote count.

I believe our friend The Nomad Trader has also cottoned on to the huge benefits of this and explains in laypersons terms the key benefits: 

@jim.tollan