Important suggestions/features for mobile

Created at 02 May 2023, 01:59
How’s your experience with the cTrader Platform?
Your feedback is crucial to cTrader's development. Please take a few seconds to share your opinion and help us improve your trading experience. Thanks!
NI

Nick24

Joined 18.02.2022

Important suggestions/features for mobile
02 May 2023, 01:59

Trading:

1: (High Priority)

We need to have your last stoploss and take profit settings saved in the order panel and chart trading feature.

Lotsize already has this, but stoploss and take profit settings still do not. It always resets to the standard settings and now you always have to adjust it over and over again. It's very annoying.

2: (High Priority)

We need to have an account balance percentage display in the quick trade mode.

3: (High Priority)

We need to have an account balance percentage display in the chart trading feature.

4: (High Priority)

We need to have a display that says what your average price is of a ticker and how much percentage is needed to break-even, and being able to move like all stoplosses and take profits at the same time to a price you prefer.

5: (High Priority)

We need to have advanced take profits right here aswell.

Chart Tools/Analysis:

We need to have a clearer and advanced crosshair information display in the chart.

it's not clear immediately what high, low, open and close are. Additional details like volume, price and percentage changes are also missing and that needs to be here.

2: (High Priority)

We need to have a volume display with adjustable moving average types that you can display underneath the main chart.

3: (High Priority)

We need to be able to add indicators on indicators.

4: (High Priority)

We need to be able to make alerts on indicators, drawings, calender events, etc.

5: (High Priority)

We need to have times and sales with size filters.

6: (High Priority)

We need to have an automatic risk/reward display in the order panel and chart trading feature when a stoploss and take profit have been set.

7: (High Priority)

We need to have the same measure tool that has been added in the desktop version recently. A really nice one.

8: (High Priority)

We need to have an option to display a countdown to bar close in the chart.

9: (Normal Priority)

We need to have a volume profile.

10: (Normal Priority)

We need to be able to show different timeframes on indicators that are different than the main chart timeframe.

11: (Normal Priority)

We need to have a multi-chart mode.

12: (Normal Priority)

We need to have names added or shown under all drawing tools, chart types, etc.

13: (Normal Priority)

That arrow to go back at the left top in the chart is unnecessary, because you can already do this by pressing the touchscreen buttons at the bottom of your phone screen. It makes the chart messy for something that is not even necessary.

Watchlist/Symbol Panel:

1: (Normal Priority)

We need to have a total and current day volume display.

2: (Normal Priority)

We need to have filters in a watchlist.

Filters like sorting from low to high and high to low for gainers, decliners, volume, etc.

3: (Normal Priority)

We need to be able to remove that standard watchlist.

4: (Normal Priority)

We need to have a 52 weak range display/overview.

5: (Normal Priority)

We need to have a price performance overview for week, month, quarter, half year, 1 year, ytd, 5 year and all-time.

6: (Normal Priority)

We need to have a market or trend sentiment overview based on technical indicators.

cBots:

We need to manage and adjust cBots through mobile.

Other Things:

1: (Normal Priority)

We need to have a percentage display for current and total account profit or loss.

2: (Normal Priority)

We need to have more filters in the economic calender.

Filters like countries, volatility, etc.

3: (Normal Priority)

We need to have more news sources. For instance, Dow Jones Newswires, MT Newswire, Reuters, DailyFX, etc.

4: (Normal Priority)

We need to have more chart customization options.

cTrader Mobile
@Nick24
Replies

firemyst
02 May 2023, 04:12

I like a lot of your suggestions. However, given the limited screen size of phones, I suppose to what end are the majority of traders using mobile vs a laptop/desktop for their primary trading operations?

For instance, I'm curious why you think it's "high priority" to manage cbots through the mobile app itself? Since cBots run on the specific computer they are installed on, your mobile device would have to connect back to that computer (through cTrader) and be able to take control of the cbot on that computer. And there would be a lag doing so. Basically, it would be just as efficient right now to install Microsoft's "remote desktop" application on your mobile device, "remote desktop" back to your computer with the cBot installed, and control it remotely that way. That's what I do anyway -- to connect to my VPS where I have cBots running.

@firemyst

Nick24
07 May 2023, 18:02

RE:

firemyst said:

I like a lot of your suggestions. However, given the limited screen size of phones, I suppose to what end are the majority of traders using mobile vs a laptop/desktop for their primary trading operations?

For instance, I'm curious why you think it's "high priority" to manage cbots through the mobile app itself? Since cBots run on the specific computer they are installed on, your mobile device would have to connect back to that computer (through cTrader) and be able to take control of the cbot on that computer. And there would be a lag doing so. Basically, it would be just as efficient right now to install Microsoft's "remote desktop" application on your mobile device, "remote desktop" back to your computer with the cBot installed, and control it remotely that way. That's what I do anyway -- to connect to my VPS where I have cBots running.

I don't know how many active users mobile and desktop are having in reality of course, but it does make sense to me that mobile is even more popular, because of how small like an active day trader group is in comparison to people who are always on the go, at work, etc.

@Nick24