Is Encryption of the code available directly in cAlgo?

Created at 06 Apr 2023, 11:11
How’s your experience with the cTrader Platform?
Your feedback is crucial to cTrader's development. Please take a few seconds to share your opinion and help us improve your trading experience. Thanks!
JA

jane.ttabloomquist

Joined 04.04.2023

Is Encryption of the code available directly in cAlgo?
06 Apr 2023, 11:11

Hi, 

Many of the developers are waiting for encryption possibilities of code in cAlgo. This will open a broad marketplace for developers to monitize on their hard work. It will also bring new coders interesting in the platform. My question is, is this in progress? If so, when do you think it might be available.

cTrader Automate
@jane.ttabloomquist
Replies

SmartRetailTradingRobot
26 Apr 2023, 10:49

RE:

jane.ttabloomquist said:

Hi, 

Many of the developers are waiting for encryption possibilities of code in cAlgo. This will open a broad marketplace for developers to monitize on their hard work. It will also bring new coders interesting in the platform. My question is, is this in progress? If so, when do you think it might be available.

The code can be created in cTrader without public source code. Isn't that the function you are looking for?

@SmartRetailTradingRobot

firemyst
27 Apr 2023, 16:10

RE:

jane.ttabloomquist said:

Hi, 

cAlgo files are supposedly already encrypted - I doubt we'd get different types of "encryption" options though.

If you mean you want the code obfuscated, you can do that outside of cTrader before compiling.

@firemyst