Shortcut for Trendline

Created at 08 Mar 2023, 14:09
How’s your experience with the cTrader Platform?
Your feedback is crucial to cTrader's development. Please take a few seconds to share your opinion and help us improve your trading experience. Thanks!
Q.

q.abbasi1010

Joined 08.03.2023

Shortcut for Trendline
08 Mar 2023, 14:09

Hey,

I think it would be really handy to have a shortcut to create trendlines!

cTrader
@q.abbasi1010
Replies

bay.erruff
15 Mar 2023, 11:38 ( Updated at: 16 Mar 2023, 07:18 )

Hello,

I am new here but not new in this. I just want to tell you something that may be your help 

To create a trendline quickly in cTrader, you can use the following steps:

1. Click on the "Chart" tab at the top of the cTrader platform.

2. Select the desired currency pair or asset that you want to add a trendline to.

3. Click on the "Trend Line" button in the toolbar at the top of the chart window.

4. Click and drag your cursor across the chart to create a trendline.

Unfortunately, there is no default keyboard shortcut to create a trendline in cTrader. However, you can create a custom keyboard shortcut using the cTrader Keyboard Shortcuts feature. Here's how:

1. Click on the "Settings" tab in the cTrader platform.

2. Click on "Keyboard Shortcuts" in the left-hand menu.

3. Scroll down to the "Chart Tools" section.

4. Click on "Add Custom Shortcut."

5. Enter a name for your shortcut (e.g. "Create Trendline").

6. Click on the "Set Shortcut" button and press the desired keyboard keys that you want to assign to the shortcut.

7. Click "Save" to save your new shortcut.

Now you can use your custom shortcut to create trendlines quickly and easily in cTrader. MI Bridges

@bay.erruff

q.abbasi1010
15 Mar 2023, 11:51

RE:

Hey,

Thanks for your input! I am using the desktop version (4.6.4) but could only see a 'hotkeys' menu item which allows to override default hotkeys but not defining new custom hotkeys. Were you using perhaps another version than me?

Cheers,

Qaiser

bay.erruff said:

Hello,

I am new here but not new in this. I just want to tell you something that may be your help 

To create a trendline quickly in cTrader, you can use the following steps:

1. Click on the "Chart" tab at the top of the cTrader platform.

2. Select the desired currency pair or asset that you want to add a trendline to.

3. Click on the "Trend Line" button in the toolbar at the top of the chart window.

4. Click and drag your cursor across the chart to create a trendline.

Unfortunately, there is no default keyboard shortcut to create a trendline in cTrader. However, you can create a custom keyboard shortcut using the cTrader Keyboard Shortcuts feature. Here's how:

1. Click on the "Settings" tab in the cTrader platform.

2. Click on "Keyboard Shortcuts" in the left-hand menu.

3. Scroll down to the "Chart Tools" section.

4. Click on "Add Custom Shortcut."

5. Enter a name for your shortcut (e.g. "Create Trendline").

6. Click on the "Set Shortcut" button and press the desired keyboard keys that you want to assign to the shortcut.

7. Click "Save" to save your new shortcut.

Now you can use your custom shortcut to create trendlines quickly and easily in cTrader.

@q.abbasi1010