Remove deposits/withdraws in Equity Graph

Created at 20 Dec 2022, 12:33
How’s your experience with the cTrader Platform?
Your feedback is crucial to cTrader's development. Please take a few seconds to share your opinion and help us improve your trading experience. Thanks!
JC

jczheng198508

Joined 24.11.2022

Remove deposits/withdraws in Equity Graph
20 Dec 2022, 12:33

The Equity Graph of Analyze in cTrader Desktop contains deposits/withdraws, which makes the curve quite un-readable and confusing.  The equity curve is used for traders to review their trading performance, so it should only contain PnL which are generated by trades. This is the norm in the industry, look at other platforms like meta-trader, or whatever performance graph shown by any funds.  Please change this to get rid of deposits/withdraws in the equity graph!

cTrader
@jczheng198508
Replies

VEI5S6C4OUNT0
15 Feb 2023, 08:57

RE:

jczheng198508 said:

Yes this should not be part of the trade history and does not help with understanding some trades but then without it you would see gaps in the history and then have to chase up why... so I would say it should be an option at least.

@VEI5S6C4OUNT0

ncel01
15 Feb 2023, 17:47

RE:

jczheng198508 said:

The Equity Graph of Analyze in cTrader Desktop contains deposits/withdraws, which makes the curve quite un-readable and confusing.  The equity curve is used for traders to review their trading performance, so it should only contain PnL which are generated by trades. This is the norm in the industry, look at other platforms like meta-trader, or whatever performance graph shown by any funds.  Please change this to get rid of deposits/withdraws in the equity graph!

Hello,

You can always check performance on ROI chart (%) which is not function of deposits/withdrawals.

Considering that equity is affected by the deposits and withdrawals I think it is correct to consider these in the equity chart.

I also think it is important to be informed on deposits and withdrawals as these will help tracking any ROI pumpers.

@ncel01