Short Position / Long Position + BackTesting

Created at 04 Aug 2022, 10:15
How’s your experience with the cTrader Platform?
Your feedback is crucial to cTrader's development. Please take a few seconds to share your opinion and help us improve your trading experience. Thanks!
GL

globalblack

Joined 15.02.2019

Short Position / Long Position + BackTesting
04 Aug 2022, 10:15

Im again telling you guys

Please add the Short Position / Long Position tool which is similar to trading view and the ability to back test as trading view !! this is single handedly the most wanted tool out for traders and thats the reason why people use TradingView ! go do your research or even put a Poll ! if u have these tools alot of traders wont need tradingview ! cTrader has evolved alot but some features are practically not needed... You are trying very hard to beat MT4/MT5 from user friendly ness which we truely appreciate..as I cannot stand working with MT4/MT5 but again cTrader is  behind TradingView..... look at all Youtube videos doing backtesting... majority use the Tradingview tools..infact backtesting is so simple and easy with trading view and they charge a premium for that ! if u implment that alot of people will use cTrader for charting and force more brokers to add it as their platforms..

Please dont respond with telling us there is an indicator for backtesting.. its garbage..i have used it..and even the tool for short/long positioning as an indicator is also garbage... let alone when you update ur platform the third party developer has to update it to.. when they dont.. they indicator/tool breaks !! this is supposed to be part of ur platform inbuilt ! stop your Ego and implement what people want ! your wasting time and money in features majority of us dont even need ! and we all know the simpler the trading the better the results.

Look at the effort you went to release version 4.2  here  out of 100% of ctrader users... how many actually need these features or care about them ???? 

cTrader
@globalblack
Replies

PanagiotisCharalampous
04 Aug 2022, 10:23 ( Updated at: 21 Dec 2023, 09:22 )

Hi there,

This is in the backlog, design is in progress and here is how it might look like

It would be nicer of you if you just asked before unleashing all this anger :)

Best Regards,

Panagiotis 

Join us on Telegram and Facebook

@PanagiotisCharalampous

globalblack
04 Aug 2022, 14:41 ( Updated at: 04 Aug 2022, 14:45 )

RE:

PanagiotisCharalampous said:

Hi there,

This is in the backlog, design is in progress and here is how it might look like

Best Regards,

Panagiotis 

You mentioned "..here is how it might look like.." where is it ? or have you forgotten to upload a screenshot ?

im not unleashing anger..years go by.. you guys are implementing features and updating some of those same features you introduced while majority of us dont even use ! infact more than 80% of traders who use TradingView they use for for BACKTESTING Simplicity and the RISK REWARD tool and then finally come and execute the trades on MT4 or CTrader... ctrader is a briliant platform but i feel some of the features you are adding are starting to make it slower and some key features people want you guys are not implementing ! not trading platform is as simple yet versatile than TradingView and none of them have the simple BACKTESTING Approach plus the risk reward 

so please upload the screenshot incase you forgot..most of us are eager to see it

@globalblack

PanagiotisCharalampous
04 Aug 2022, 14:45

Check again

Best Regards,

Panagiotis 

Join us on Telegram and Facebook

@PanagiotisCharalampous

globalblack
05 Aug 2022, 00:20

RE:

Check again

Best Regards,

Panagiotis 

Brillaint !! Thats some great stuff !

...and what about the seemless/easy back testing approach like TradingView is it in the backlog or not yet ?

@globalblack

PanagiotisCharalampous
05 Aug 2022, 08:42

Hi globalblack,

I am not sure which part of TradingView backtesting you like, but I am sure you are aware that the results are completely wrong and out of place. You know that TradingView does not do real backtesting it just connects points between indicator signals. Unless you are referring to Market Replay, which indeed can be achieved with third party tools in cTrader but it can be considered as a build in feature too.

Best Regards,

Panagiotis 

@PanagiotisCharalampous

globalblack
05 Aug 2022, 10:53 ( Updated at: 05 Aug 2022, 11:11 )

RE:

Hi globalblack,

I am not sure which part of TradingView backtesting you like, but I am sure you are aware that the results are completely wrong and out of place. You know that TradingView does not do real backtesting it just connects points between indicator signals. Unless you are referring to Market Replay, which indeed can be achieved with third party tools in cTrader but it can be considered as a build in feature too.

Best Regards,

Panagiotis 

Yes I actually mean Market Replay. Using indicator breaks during some cTrader updates, so we have to wait till the developer decides to update and support is limited this is a feature many would love on cTrader and it should have been there a long while back..if we can go back in time with cTrader the market replay is a very simple feature of just hiding the forward candles...thats how people practice technical analysis ! majority of us are not into cBots / Algo Trading afteral they cant beat human analysis !

See below someone asked for this since 2013:

Another link people are really eager on this

See another guy begging for this ! ..and many more ..we cant stress enough

July 2022 another request for market replay  https://ctrader.com/forum/suggestions/38525

Jan 2021 another request  https://ctrader.com/forum/suggestions/34482

Similar request https://ctrader.com/forum/suggestions/38056

and many more ..... people have been asking for this feature a Decade ago ??!!!!!! 

@globalblack

federicovenier.uk
11 Aug 2022, 15:51 ( Updated at: 21 Dec 2023, 09:22 )

RE:

Hi there,

Best Regards,

Panagiotis 

Hi PanagiotisCharalampous, thanks a lot for it. Please, what is the name of it and where can I found it? When installed, will  I have then an icon on the tool bar? Thanks!!!

@federicovenier.uk

PanagiotisCharalampous
11 Aug 2022, 16:31

Hi federicovenier.uk,

This has not been released yet.

Best Regards,

Panagiotis 

@PanagiotisCharalampous

federicovenier.uk
11 Aug 2022, 18:48

RE:

Hi federicovenier.uk,

This has not been released yet.

Best Regards,

Panagiotis 

Thanks a lot!

@federicovenier.uk

serm25173
11 Sep 2023, 11:46 ( Updated at: 12 Sep 2023, 05:52 )

Did you get it already? I've just downloaded an indicator which similar to the tradingview tool. 

"https://ctrader.com/algos/indicators/show/3555" 

At least we can put multiple buy/sell on the chart. 

Hope this help.

@serm25173