Chart Object Comments: Improve visibility in charts and Object manager.

Created at 10 Jun 2022, 11:55
How’s your experience with the cTrader Platform?
Your feedback is crucial to cTrader's development. Please take a few seconds to share your opinion and help us improve your trading experience. Thanks!
IM

imAsparky

Joined 10.06.2022

Chart Object Comments: Improve visibility in charts and Object manager.
10 Jun 2022, 11:55

Hi Folks,

I would like to see the comments added to chart objects settings, for example, trend lines, to be more helpful.  I find that having to open the settings to view the comment seems a bit unintuitive.

I think having the chart object comment show itself on hover and or added as a text object attribute to the object, for example, by displaying the comment to the right of the screen for a horizontal line.  Something like this

The way that chart objects are named in the chart object manager, I think, could use the comment if it was entered as the description, which provides context or defaults to the current naming method if a comment is not supplied.

This feature would help as you move through time frames and wish to hide some objects to remove clutter.

I have tried using the Text on chart objects, but as you move through time frames, the text moves  in relation to the object and where it displays seems a bit random.  Also, this doesn't add context to the object manager.

Thank you

cTrader
@imAsparky
Replies

INVESTOROJ
04 Oct 2022, 07:55

in support of this as well

this is very needed let the comment or drawing tool description display on the chart so it will stick with the drawing tool whenever we switch timeframe it will still be visible 

@INVESTOROJ