ROI Pump

Created at 13 Apr 2022, 10:21
How’s your experience with the cTrader Platform?
Your feedback is crucial to cTrader's development. Please take a few seconds to share your opinion and help us improve your trading experience. Thanks!
DA

danilocapp

Joined 25.09.2020

ROI Pump
13 Apr 2022, 10:21

Is it possible that it is so difficult to exclude deposits and withdrawals from the roi calculation and avoid the phenomenon of roi pumping? but let's be serious.

cTrader
@danilocapp
Replies

PanagiotisCharalampous
13 Apr 2022, 10:24 ( Updated at: 13 Apr 2022, 10:25 )

Hi danilocapp,

Deposits and withdrawals are not included in the ROI calculation. Here is the formula.

Best Regards,

Panagiotis 

Join us on Telegram and Facebook

@PanagiotisCharalampous

danilocapp
13 Apr 2022, 12:37

RE:

PanagiotisCharalampous said:

Hi danilocapp,

Deposits and withdrawals are not included in the ROI calculation. Here is the formula.

Best Regards,

Panagiotis 

Join us on Telegram and Facebook

I see that many users have absurd roi then the mistake lies in calculating the roi based on the capital of the first payment at the opening of the account which very frequently is a few euros, obviously you do the roi calculation based on this. I am not a mathematician but I think this thing needs to be resolved.

@danilocapp

PanagiotisCharalampous
13 Apr 2022, 12:51

Hi danilocapp,

The mathematics of the ROI are correct. We have to keep the same way of calculating ROI for all accounts. Fortunately cTrader Copy offers you all the necessary info to figure out if somebody started with a small account. 

Best Regards,

Panagiotis 

Join us on Telegram and Facebook

@PanagiotisCharalampous

danilocapp
13 Apr 2022, 13:01

RE:

PanagiotisCharalampous said:

Hi danilocapp,

The mathematics of the ROI are correct. We have to keep the same way of calculating ROI for all accounts. Fortunately cTrader Copy offers you all the necessary info to figure out if somebody started with a small account. 

Best Regards,

Panagiotis 

Join us on Telegram and Facebook

It would be enough not to include in the rankings the strategies with a first payment of less than $ 500, for example, and the problem would be solved, but obviously there is no will to do so, unfortunately despite being, as you say, all the tools to evaluate the strategies almost all the users only look at the roi and very often they are misled by unlikely values and lose money. A serious platform like Ctrader should protect its investors more, but that's just my humble opinion. Thanks for the answers and good luck.

@danilocapp