Better Order Management

Created at 25 Feb 2022, 22:13
How’s your experience with the cTrader Platform?
Your feedback is crucial to cTrader's development. Please take a few seconds to share your opinion and help us improve your trading experience. Thanks!
BE

becker248

Joined 22.01.2022

Better Order Management
25 Feb 2022, 22:13

This is mainly in regards to the mobile (but also to the desktop version)

Market Order:

1. It is currently not possible to set a stop loss price with neither limit or market order. But it is especially annoying for market orders, since the price changes as you would type it.

The only option right now is to set the pip value (e.g: -10.4). The first problem is, that if you want the SL to be above/below a recent high/low as the price moves while setting up the order the SL might move to a place were you dont want it to be. So please, give us the option to type in a price and make it stay at that price, even if the pip distance changes.

(TradingView already offers this, sadly most brokers dont have TradingView)

2. The next thing is in regard to trading size. I prefer to risk the same amount of money on every trade (e.g. 0,5%), regardless of the SL distance. Therefore i adjust the lotsize. However, the same problem as described in (1.) occures. I am only able to type in the lotsize. The problem here is: Price moves while setting up the order --> Stop Loss distance increases --> Trade size would have to be adjusted. By just adding the option to type in a "% of balance" or "€/$ risk amount" the lotsize could update automatically as the price changes.

(TradingView already offers this)

The only difference to the desktop version is, that with the desktop version you are able to type in a SL price and fix it at that level (so this should be easy to add for mobile) - if you then give the option to add the % risk amount i would never use anything else than cTrader.

To avoid confusion. Yes, i know you are able (only on the desktop version) to set a %risk. But that only moves the SL line, it doesnt change the lotsize

cTrader Mobile
@becker248
Replies

decanfrosty
13 Mar 2022, 09:27

RE:

becker248 said:

Market Order:

1. It is currently not possible to set a stop loss price with neither limit or market order. But it is especially annoying for market orders, since the price changes as you would type it.

The only option right now is to set the pip value (e.g: -10.4). The first problem is, that if you want the SL to be above/below a recent high/low as the price moves while setting up the order the SL might move to a place were you dont want it to be. So please, give us the option to type in a price and make it stay at that price, even if the pip distance changes.

2. The next thing is in regard to trading size. I prefer to risk the same amount of money on every trade (e.g. 0,5%), regardless of the SL distance. Therefore i adjust the lotsize. However, the same problem as described in (1.) occures. I am only able to type in the lotsize. The problem here is: Price moves while setting up the order --> Stop Loss distance increases --> Trade size would have to be adjusted. By just adding the option to type in a "% of balance" or "€/$ risk amount" the lotsize could update automatically as the price changes.

The only difference to the desktop version is, that with the desktop version you are able to type in a SL price and fix it at that level (so this should be easy to add for mobile) - if you then give the option to add the % risk amount i would never use anything else than cTrader.

To avoid confusion. Yes, i know you are able (only on the desktop version) to set a %risk. But that only moves the SL line, it doesnt change the lotsize

Been waiting 5 years for all the above .Spotware not interested in Retail having access to anything that will improve your odds.Just Brokers!.

@decanfrosty

decanfrosty
13 Mar 2022, 09:29

RE: RE:

decanfrosty said:

Good luck with all that.Spoware dont support retail traders just brokeres.Cant even get a built in cross hair sync tool(#rd party rubbish doesnt work and is removed by brokers due to freezing)

becker248 said:

Market Order:

Been waiting 5 years for all the above .Spotware not interested in Retail having access to anything that will improve your odds.Just Brokers!.

@decanfrosty

decanfrosty
13 Mar 2022, 09:30

decanfrosty said:

Good luck with all that.Spoware dont support retail traders just brokeres.Cant even get a built in cross hair sync tool(#rd party rubbish doesnt work and is removed by brokers due to freezing)

becker248 said:

Market Order:

@decanfrosty

decanfrosty
13 Mar 2022, 09:30

decanfrosty said:

becker248 said:

Market Order:

@decanfrosty

... Deleted by UFO ...