Allow us to set Quick Trade 'order type settings' specific to symbols/products!!

Created at 10 Jan 2022, 16:19
How’s your experience with the cTrader Platform?
Your feedback is crucial to cTrader's development. Please take a few seconds to share your opinion and help us improve your trading experience. Thanks!
IN

intraflay

Joined 01.06.2020

Allow us to set Quick Trade 'order type settings' specific to symbols/products!!
10 Jan 2022, 16:19

I mostly trade currencies, and have my order type settings set; ie auto stop / TP distance and market range, but I have recently been trading gold more often. My default stop and TP profit target of 10/20 pips respectively mean that when opening a trade at market using the quick trade feature on gold, the stop stop and TP are right on top of the price, as essentially to get the same result as I do on currencies, I'd need to set these parameters to 100 and 200 on gold obviously. 

Also, because I have my market range settings set to 2 pips for when trading currencies, on gold, SO OFTEN, I will try to either double or reverse a trade and have my order rejected due to the order not being able to be filled at a price within those set parameters. 

I do know that you can set these settings per workspace, but I have cBots running which means you cannot easily switch between work spaces without first stopping the cBots.

So, please is it possible to add these settings to the symbol window or something? ..because to be honest, with so many different products which operate in a different way, there is not a "one size fits all" setting, especially for scalpers.

Thank you!

@intraflay
Replies

Andrew_Parish
11 Jan 2022, 13:21

Yes, great idea.

Personally I think that each chart's quicktrade panel should have an additional section under the position size area to set a SL distance in pips for that particular chart/market/timeframe.

So I could have simultaneously on my screens a 5min EURUSD chart with a 2.0 pip SL, a daily BTCUSD chart with a 100,000 pip SL, a 30min GBPUSD chart with a 10.0 pip SL ect.

Or being able to quickly change a chart's quicktrade SL to allign with the market's current level of volatility.

Let's hope we see this added sometime in the near future.

Thanks.

@Andrew_Parish

intraflay
08 Feb 2022, 15:18

Giving this a bump as getting so frustrating and missing out on opportunities because of this. Also another post has been created since requesting the same thing.

Is this something that can be looked at please? Even if we can set quick trade settings linked to a template would be okay! Any which way, how, I don't care. But to only have one setting covering so many different products just does not work!

Please! Thank you

@intraflay