Provide Ability to manually close trades during back testing

Created at 05 Dec 2021, 20:39
How’s your experience with the cTrader Platform?
Your feedback is crucial to cTrader's development. Please take a few seconds to share your opinion and help us improve your trading experience. Thanks!
TR

trading1

Joined 17.09.2019

Provide Ability to manually close trades during back testing
05 Dec 2021, 20:39

Please provide the ability to manually stop and then close trades during back testing.

I am using the Clickalgo Moving Average Bot and it will open trades in the beginning or during the  back testing process which cannot be closed by the bot and provide false testing results.

When this happens,  it will for instance, have a open buy and then only allows new sell trades to be opened while this buy trade is open giving false results as it moves away from the overall price action.

cTrader Automate
@trading1
Replies

trading1
09 Dec 2021, 00:48

I had a futher look at this and now believe this is a Ctrader Bug.

I have done extensive testing and this happens with the crossover method on the 1, 2 an 5 min forex charts where it leaves trades open no matter a stop loss or indicators crossing..

This is dangerous for trading and can lead to heavy losses for Bots. I beleive there is something wrong with the crossover method in C trader. 

@trading1

PanagiotisCharalampous
09 Dec 2021, 09:21

RE: I had a futher look at this and now believe this is a Ctrader Bug.

trading1 said:

I have done extensive testing and this happens with the crossover method on the 1, 2 an 5 min forex charts where it leaves trades open no matter a stop loss or indicators crossing..

This is dangerous for trading and can lead to heavy losses for Bots. I beleive there is something wrong with the crossover method in C trader. 

Hi trading1,

You need to report your issue in the relevant section of the forum and provide the source code and steps to reproduce so that we can check.

Best Regards,

Panagiotis 

Join us on Telegram and Facebook

@PanagiotisCharalampous