What about optimizing ctrader forex hand trading strategies?

Created at 05 Sep 2021, 22:44
How’s your experience with the cTrader Platform?
Your feedback is crucial to cTrader's development. Please take a few seconds to share your opinion and help us improve your trading experience. Thanks!
GO

Gotfreeld

Joined 05.06.2021

05 Sep 2021, 22:44

Ctrader platform functionality allows cBots backtesting and, most importantly, optimization by a number of parameters. The feature is great but as we all know trading is not limited to automated strategies.
I wonder, would it be possible to optimize your hand trading results using the real trades as an input instead of an algo but using the same set of parameters for optimization: stop loss and take profit size, trading session time limits, etc.

@Gotfreeld
Replies

Suruw
07 Sep 2021, 23:07

man, that would have been a great feature! if you could input the other parameters such as the ‘trading signal used for the entry’ (i.e breakout, expecting the bounce of the flat level, false breakout, etc.) - that would have been even a better one! 

@Suruw

Gotfreeld
09 Sep 2021, 00:26

Yeah, but for now I don’t see the opportunity to do that using the ctrader platform built-in features.That doesn’t seem to be a rocket science to use the trading history as an input or am I missing something?   

@Gotfreeld

Jouranon
09 Sep 2021, 23:25

You are missing the point that hand-trading history of trades can’t be a reliable enough source of the data. You’d have to put in such parameters as “the number of hours I slept”, “what I’ve had for lunch”, “doing yoga and meditation before starting to trade” and so on to get a hint of what can help you with your trading results. That's something that Ctrader platform isn't likely to include in it's functionality. 

@Jouranon

Gotfreeld
10 Sep 2021, 13:36

RE: What about optimizing ctrader forex hand trading strategies?

The idea is not that bad LOL. I wouldn’t mind collecting such stats for myself. Would it be possible to connect a fitness tracker to cTrader? :) Jokes aside, no, I just want to use technical information from my past trades such as the time of the trade, etc - to get some insights and possibly improve the future trading results, optimize the strategy using some data that might not be obvious at first glance, but is obvious if you look at it from machine perspective. 

@Gotfreeld

Jouranon
10 Sep 2021, 14:54

RE: RE: What about optimizing ctrader forex hand trading strategies?

I don’t even know… that can only be useful if you are able to apply the insights in your daily hand-trading routine. According to my observations, very few traders are capable of doing that and many prefer to have fun surfing the dopamine waves that were raised by our expectations of positive results. 

@Jouranon

robertsteven6027
18 Dec 2021, 20:16 ( Updated at: 19 Dec 2021, 23:25 )

RE: What about optimizing ctrader forex hand trading strategies?

It isn't a bad idea, but to be honest, I don't see how it could work. I see more potential in Forex robots as they have the ability to run trades day and night with no interruptions. Plus, a robot also gives a head start to humans because robots don’t get influenced by emotions or other destructed things. And now it isn't difficult to find the best ea, as there are a lot on the market, but you should be attentive which algorithm they use.

@robertsteven6027