Confirmation dialog before deleting any object urgently required

Created at 06 Aug 2021, 16:23
How’s your experience with the cTrader Platform?
Your feedback is crucial to cTrader's development. Please take a few seconds to share your opinion and help us improve your trading experience. Thanks!

jensnig

Joined 14.01.2017

Confirmation dialog before deleting any object urgently required
06 Aug 2021, 16:23

I have been using cTrader for years now, and I am still missing a security feature that is standard with all good user interfaces: Help users prevent data losses by accidentally clicking on the "x" of a chart, for instance. This can happen so easily, especially when you are mouse-scrolling in multi-chart mode, because there is no way to use the keyboard for easy scrolling right or left. The "x" is always dangerously close to the other symbols on the right side of your chart header line. How often has it happened, that I inadvertantly deleted a chart and lost all my drawings!

So please make your cTrader interface more secure by popping up a small confirmation dialog after the user clicks any x symbol. If you automatically put the dialog focus on "yes", all the user would have to do is pressing return on the keyboard if he/she really wanted to delete the object. Please improve!

cTrader
@jensnig