Volume Profile indicator

Created at 29 Jul 2021, 11:51
How’s your experience with the cTrader Platform?
Your feedback is crucial to cTrader's development. Please take a few seconds to share your opinion and help us improve your trading experience. Thanks!
SH

Shulya

Joined 20.06.2014

Volume Profile indicator
29 Jul 2021, 11:51

Please add the MOST powerful indicator to cTrader Platform

Volume/Market Profile is widely used tool across every platform and should be part of cTrader. 

Currently the best version of VP is developed by GomMPPro you can reference their options.

Draw Custom Profile 

Auto Session Profile

Number of Bars/Days Profile

Tick size of volume calculated

Profile Smoothing 

Keyword shortcut to Draw/Erase All Custom Profile

VP

cTrader
@Shulya
Replies

amusleh
30 Jul 2021, 09:47

Hi,

There are plenty of Volume/market profile indicators for cTrader developed by the community, you can develop one based on your own specific needs if the available ones don't have the features you are after.

You can try this one from AlgoDeveloper: https://www.algodeveloper.com/product/volume-profile/

@amusleh

Shulya
03 Aug 2021, 17:18 ( Updated at: 03 Aug 2021, 17:20 )

RE:

amusleh said:

Hi,

There are plenty of Volume/market profile indicators for cTrader developed by the community, you can develop one based on your own specific needs if the available ones don't have the features you are after.

You can try this one from AlgoDeveloper: https://www.algodeveloper.com/product/volume-profile/

Hello, I've already tested all of them. They're all poorly developed and lagg dramatically. Volume Profile indicator should be part of every modern trading platform. 

@Shulya

fxctrader
12 May 2022, 09:43

RE: RE:

Shulya said:

amusleh said:

Hi,

Hello, I've already tested all of them. They're all poorly developed and lagg dramatically. Volume Profile indicator should be part of every modern trading platform. 

Actually there are just a handful or not even more than 4 or 3 perhaps 3 Volume Profile indicator available and 2 of them are either rental or paid algo. And Yes, Volume Profile "SHOULD BE" part of built in indicator for cTrader, if they really adhere to "Traders First" battlecry. Well probably in another 10 years or so they will add it on their consideration. I've seen 2 Market Profile and which is totally different from Volume Profile and they are paid algo, though the cealgo version is a better one I've tested. Nevertheless, Volume Profile should be added on next update, if they are considering the traders.

TommyDee
30 Oct 2022, 22:02

No one's listening

Two years later, and still no answer....

@TommyDee

Nick24
03 Nov 2022, 14:48

RE: No one's listening

ctid1934331 said:

Well, there are already a lot of great working volume profile indicators made for cTrader. I totally get it in this case that Spotware has priorities on other things.

@Nick24

TommyDee
07 Nov 2022, 00:47

RE: RE: No one's listening

Nickk said:

ctid1934331 said:

Well, there are already a lot of great working volume profile indicators made for cTrader. I totally get it in this case that Spotware has priorities on other things.

1) Nickk allow me to disagree with your statement.
There aren't ANY "great working volume profile indicators". That is not a true statement.
And of course we are not talking about the ones charging $20/month!
The ones that are free are buggy and not ready for prime time.
I'm obviously grateful towards all the individuals that have been developing / converting indicators and cbots, because they have been devoting their time and are putting in a lot of effort without charging a single dime to help our trading community, And yes, many of the indicators that have been converted for cTrader, perform quite good. 

2) IMHO Spotware's priorities should be the needs of their clients/users. Yes we are seeing updates once in a while but not frequent enough.

3) I have asked for a simple percentage indicator for over two years and no one from their software development team has listened. 

4) Same issue with a footprint - order flow chart indicator that is able to combine volume profile.

These are must have trading tools that are not part of the cTrader platform, but the competition does offer them.

@TommyDee

Nick24
07 Nov 2022, 01:38 ( Updated at: 07 Nov 2022, 01:44 )

RE: RE: RE: No one's listening

ctid1934331 said:

Nickk said:

ctid1934331 said:

There aren't ANY "great working volume profile indicators". That is not a true statement.
I'm obviously grateful towards all the individuals that have been developing / converting indicators and cbots, because they have been devoting their time and are putting in a lot of effort without charging a single dime to help our trading community, And yes, many of the indicators that have been converted for cTrader, perform quite good. 

2) IMHO Spotware's priorities should be the needs of their clients/users. Yes we are seeing updates once in a while but not frequent enough.

3) I have asked for a simple percentage indicator for over two years and no one from their software development team has listened. 

4) Same issue with a footprint - order flow chart indicator that is able to combine volume profile.

These are must have trading tools that are not part of the cTrader platform, but the competition does offer them.

Well, ClickAlgo, for instance, has a great collection of free volume profile indicators that are working great for me though.

And yeah, that's true. A lot of great and important suggestions that people gave over all the years are still not there. 

@Nick24

Shulya
07 Nov 2022, 12:40

RE: RE: RE: No one's listening

The problem is that many people underestimate or don’t know how to use Volume Profile. Some think that FX volumes are useless with VP but it’s a big misconception. There is a reason why TradingView charges for VP while the rest of the indicators are free on their platform.

@Shulya

caputojr
17 Nov 2022, 17:43

RE: RE: RE: RE: No one's listening

Nickk said:

ctid1934331 said:

Nickk said:

ctid1934331 said:

Well, ClickAlgo, for instance, has a great collection of free volume profile indicators that are working great for me though.

And yeah, that's true. A lot of great and important suggestions that people gave over all the years are still not there. 

Hi Nick, would you mind sharing which nice volume profile you are using? Once you use volume profile in other platforms you get right away that ctrader lacks big time this tool. I tested myself every single free volume profile out there and they are poor if you compare com other platforms (tradingview for instance).

I would be very glad not to pay 20EUR/month for a indicator as I am already paying a lot of commision to ctrader on my operations.

Thanks in advance and looking forward to see yoiur awesome volume profile.

@caputojr

Nick24
17 Nov 2022, 23:52

RE: RE: RE: RE: RE: No one's listening

caputojr said:

Nickk said:

ctid1934331 said:

Nickk said:

ctid1934331 said:

Hi Nick, would you mind sharing which nice volume profile you are using? Once you use volume profile in other platforms you get right away that ctrader lacks big time this tool. I tested myself every single free volume profile out there and they are poor if you compare com other platforms (tradingview for instance).

I would be very glad not to pay 20EUR/month for a indicator as I am already paying a lot of commision to ctrader on my operations.

@Nick24

caputojr
22 Nov 2022, 19:30 ( Updated at: 22 Nov 2022, 19:32 )

RE: RE: RE: RE: RE: RE: No one's listening

Hello Nickk,

Thank you for taking the time to reply to my post. I use this indicator however it keeps crashing once in a while. Also you have to allow Full Permission for it to work and since it is from 3rd party developer I tend to believe this is not very healthy giving full permission like this. 

Thank you again and let’s keep praying for spotware to add this feature as we discuss here tradingview had launched another volume profile tool :p

Nickk said:

caputojr said:

Nickk said:

ctid1934331 said:

Nickk said:

ctid1934331 said:

@caputojr