True Object Orientation in Chart Dialogs

Created at 20 May 2021, 13:41
How’s your experience with the cTrader Platform?
Your feedback is crucial to cTrader's development. Please take a few seconds to share your opinion and help us improve your trading experience. Thanks!

jensnig

Joined 14.01.2017

True Object Orientation in Chart Dialogs
20 May 2021, 13:41

When I open a new position using the New Market Order dialog from a selected asset displayed on my chart, I enter information like direction (Buy/Sell), Quantity, Stop Loss, Take Profit among others before I place the order. This information should be stored with the dialog, so when I want to open a follow-up position, it should be there for me to be reviewed quickly before placing my second order.

How often has it happened that I started a new position in the wrong direction just because the dialog defaults to a buy order! I also use predetermined quantities and stop-loss values per asset. It would be wonderful and so easy to handle for power users, when these data were stored in the dialog for each asset, provided you call the dialog from within its chart display.

And while I’m at it: Please, please start working on a comprehensive Undo function wherever it is possible. It could make life easier and more fun using cTrader. People make mistakes, and many of them could be undone with a clever Undo function.

cTrader
@jensnig