cTrader Proxy server connection changes frequently

Created at 12 Mar 2021, 16:03
How’s your experience with the cTrader Platform?
Your feedback is crucial to cTrader's development. Please take a few seconds to share your opinion and help us improve your trading experience. Thanks!
MI

Mike-JP

Joined 09.03.2021

cTrader Proxy server connection changes frequently
12 Mar 2021, 16:03

I'm having trouble with cTrader Proxy server frequently changing to a slow latency Proxy server.
My VPS performances are 8GB RAM and 4 CPU cores and the OS is Win server 2016. 
The VPS location is Nuremberg, Germany.
The nearest Proxy server is Amsterdam, but it goes down frequently.
And in order to switch back to the Amsterdam server, I have to stop the running cBot and restart the cTrader platforms.

It seems that the local server goes down frequently because of the low capacity of the server, not the latency speed of the local server.

1. Please increase the numbers of the local servers of cTrader. 

2. I want that the cTrader is able to 're-scan' the server connection on the platform like the MetaTrader. 

cTrader
@Mike-JP
Replies

celiamedi.na198222
17 Mar 2021, 08:55 ( Updated at: 17 Dec 2021, 10:35 )

RE:

eamaster01 said:

I'm having trouble with cTrader Proxy server frequently changing to a slow latency Proxy server.
My VPS performances are 8GB RAM and 4 CPU cores and the OS is Win server 2016. 
The VPS location is Nuremberg, Germany.
The nearest Proxy server is Amsterdam, but it goes down frequently.
And in order to switch back to the Amsterdam server, I have to stop the running cBot and restart the cTrader platforms.

It seems that the local server goes down frequently because of the low capacity of the server, not the latency speed of the local server.

1. Please increase the numbers of the local servers of cTrader Upsers. 

2. I want that the cTrader is able to 're-scan' the server connection on the platform like the MetaTrader. 

These are proxy servers and the host names change based on which proxy server provides the fastest connection at the moment. You cannot prevent this, it is an automatic feature of cTrader. Do you access the same account always from the same location or do you change locations often?

@celiamedi.na198222

Mike-JP
17 Mar 2021, 10:45

RE: RE:

Thank you for your reply.

My VPS is located in Germany. My local PC and mobile-phone are located in Japan. Therefore, I often access the same account of cTrader from different locations, almost every day. 

In order to switch back to the nearest proxy-server, I have to restart the cTrader because it doesn't switch back after a long wait.

If the proxy-sever is often switched while trading on the cTrader/cBot, the cTrader/cBot trading will become unstable and normal trading will not be possible. 

I would be grateful if you could improve on this issue. I think one is the server 're-scan' on the cTrader platform. 

Kind Regards

@Mike-JP

achab
17 Dec 2021, 10:31 ( Updated at: 17 Dec 2021, 10:34 )

RE: RE: cTrader Proxy server connection changes frequently

celiamedi.na198222 said:

These are proxy servers and the host names change based on which proxy server provides the fastest connection at the moment. You cannot prevent this, it is an automatic feature of cTrader. Do you access the same account always from the same location or do you change locations often?

I am sorry to say that it doesn't match my experience at all.

I am an experienced trader and I always use VPSs, mostly London and NewYork. When I check the FIX API settings for my cTraders accounts from my London VPS I get h.24.ctrader.com with 1 ms of ping. But from New York I get h69.p.ctrader.com with 42 ms, fourtytwo! The weird thing is that if I ping the h37.p.ctrader.com from the same VPS I have 1ms only. More, until last night I had h44.p.ctrader.com with a 2 ms of ping, but during the night any cTrader connections went down and I had some troubles because of this disconnection. Let's also say that daily the connection goes down and up, randomly.

Is it possible to have a more stable connections, please? Many other traders, as I am, put a lot of money and resources on your cTrader server and features.

Best regards.

/achab

@achab