Depth of Market consolidated pricing option

Created at 07 Feb 2021, 20:21
How’s your experience with the cTrader Platform?
Your feedback is crucial to cTrader's development. Please take a few seconds to share your opinion and help us improve your trading experience. Thanks!
GE

georgivasilev

Joined 07.02.2021

Depth of Market consolidated pricing option
07 Feb 2021, 20:21

Hi Spotware team,

I wanted to find out if it is possible for you to add an option on the Depth of Market price ladder to get the prices consolidated. For example instead of seeing the price of a currency pair as 1.37325, seeing it as 1.3732 or only 3732. The request is for Forex specifically. Instead of me seeing the points, I'd like to see the price on the ladder in 1-10 pips and that's because some of us like placing orders on the price ladder and that way it will be more useable and you'll get more information in the same real estate. The best way this will possibly get implemented is if the price of a pair is 1.37325 and I hit the ladder at 1.3732, this will be a limit order for 1.3732 and if I want to buy at market, I can just click buy at 1.3733(subject to spread of course) which will execute the trade at the next possible price which in this case will be ~1.37325. I do think this implementation will help the DoM in a huge way, and it will get more usage, since nobody will really use it for forex when you can see only "for example" 4pips of price range on the whole ladder which will be unusable for all of us or if you want to see more prices, you'd need to scroll for eternity to place your scaling in/out orders and it will still move when it re-centers making it quite frustrating.

I really hope the above request can be understood and is clear, but if something doesn't make sense, please feel free to ask me to be more precise.

I look forward to your reply and I appreciate you taking the time to read this, and respond.

Kind Regards

cTrader
@georgivasilev
Replies

PanagiotisCharalampous
08 Feb 2021, 08:43

Hi georgivasilev,

Your description is not very clear but it sounds to me like the Price DoM which is already available.

Best Regards,

Panagiotis 

Join us on Telegram

@PanagiotisCharalampous

georgivasilev
08 Feb 2021, 13:53 ( Updated at: 21 Dec 2023, 09:22 )

RE:

Hi PanagiotisCharalampous,

Thanks for your reply. As you can see on the ladder you included, the prices are shown in 1/10th pip increments. My question was if it will be possible for us to have an option to consolidate the pricing in 1 to 10 pips? In the example on your photo if you would want to do a 1pip consolidation of the price ladder, instead of you having 356,357,358.....365,366,367, for us to have the option to make it 035,036,037....046,047,048 (PRICE IN PIPS INSTEAD OF POINTS). That way we can get a price range on the ladder of 40pips instead of 4pips which in the forex market can make the ladder more useable as nobody is going to scalp for 1/10th of a pip. Of course, I'm not saying for you to make a permanent change, but instead to add a settings on the ladder, where we can adjust these settings manually.

I do hope that this makes more sense, and I appreciate your prompt reply.

I look forward to your response.

Kind Regards

PanagiotisCharalampous said:

Hi georgivasilev,

Your description is not very clear but it sounds to me like the Price DoM which is already available.

Best Regards,

Panagiotis 

Join us on Telegram

@georgivasilev

PanagiotisCharalampous
08 Feb 2021, 14:27

Hi georgivasilev,

Thanks for the clarification. It is not possible at the moment but it has been recorded as a suggestion.

Best Regards,

Panagiotis 

Join us on Telegram

@PanagiotisCharalampous

... Deleted by UFO ...

PanagiotisCharalampous
11 Feb 2021, 08:33

Hi TomSands,

No, we will only consider this if it is requested by a lot of traders. For now it has 0 votes.

Best Regards,

Panagiotis 

Join us on Telegram

@PanagiotisCharalampous