Group / Expand / Collapse

Created at 31 Jan 2021, 15:34
How’s your experience with the cTrader Platform?
Your feedback is crucial to cTrader's development. Please take a few seconds to share your opinion and help us improve your trading experience. Thanks!
BO

Bots4Us

Joined 28.12.2020

Group / Expand / Collapse
31 Jan 2021, 15:34

Hi cTraders,
The list of cBots can get messy very quickly. Is there any way to better organize this as follows:
1) Collapse / Expand the instances added to a cBot?
Can't find this.This would already help a lot and shorten the list to cBots only rather than cBots plus instances.
2) (Optionally) Offer adding a custom "grouping" in the code and then show the respective bots nice organized in such group(s)?
Can't seem to be able to figure this out. cBots -> Group A -> Bot 1-10, Group B -> Bot n-n+x.
All it takes do this in Ninja is illustrated below (just add whatever custom group name, e.g. "Trend", "Scalp", "YouGetTheIdea".
Would be cool, if the same would be (made) available in cTrader, ideally with (optional) default show collapsed vs. expanded.

Thx, Bots4Us

cTrader Automate
@Bots4Us
Replies

guillermo
26 Jun 2021, 00:36

RE:

I agree with this request. When the number of bots or indicators grows beyond a certain number it becomes very cumbersome to navigate the list of bots and to look up things.
An alternative or addition to the original request:
-- The possibility to organize bots and indicators in folders and subfolders, like in Metatrader 4.
-- Even better than folders, the possibility to assign labels and sublabels to bots and indicators (0, 1 or more labels for every bot or indicator), and then filter by label, like the messages in Gmail.  Also, it would be nice to have some sort of archival feature or label, where I can send the bots that I don't want to see again (for example, ideas that didn't work) but that I don't want to delete for good.  There should be a feature to manage labels (create, delete, etc), like in Gmail.

Regards,

@guillermo

garcia.erin2020
04 Sep 2024, 07:30 ( Updated at: 04 Sep 2024, 13:26 )

RE: RE:

guillermo said: 

I agree with this request. When the number of bots or indicators grows beyond a certain number it becomes very cumbersome to navigate the list of bots and to look up things.
An alternative or addition to the original request:
-- The possibility to organize bots and indicators in folders and subfolders, like in Metatrader 4.
-- Even better than folders, the possibility to assign labels and sublabels to bots and indicators (0, 1 or more labels for every bot or indicator), and then filter by label, like the messages in Gmail.  Also, it would be nice to have some sort of archival feature or label, where I can send the bots that I don't want to see again (for example, ideas that didn't work) but that I don't want to delete for good.  There should be a feature to manage labels (create, delete, etc), like in Gmail.

Regards,

I completely agree with this suggestion. As the number of bots and indicators increases, organizing them effectively becomes crucial. Implementing folders or subfolders, similar to Metatrader 4, would greatly improve navigation. Additionally, the ability to assign labels and sublabels, like in Gmail, would offer even more flexibility in managing and filtering bots. An archival feature for bots that are no longer needed but not ready to be deleted would also be a valuable addition. Overall, these enhancements would streamline the user experience and make managing a growing list of bots much more efficient.

@garcia.erin2020