Upgrade to .net 5?

Created at 24 Dec 2020, 04:33
How’s your experience with the cTrader Platform?
Your feedback is crucial to cTrader's development. Please take a few seconds to share your opinion and help us improve your trading experience. Thanks!
AC

acrigney

Joined 25.05.2017

Upgrade to .net 5?
24 Dec 2020, 04:33

Hi Guys,

Love your work but how about an upgrade now to .net 5? I think it will give very significant performance improvements due to the fixes for the GC. I will try it for my bots.

For almost the last 20 years the .net GC has not changed it is very conservative, i.e the only way to get it to reliably release memory is to apply memory pressure. You can give hints to the GC with using statements and setting variables to null but that is all.

I hope its an easy change after all most of us are still on 2017 after the hack that moved us from 2015?

Best Regards,

Alistair

cTrader
@acrigney
Replies

PanagiotisCharalampous
24 Dec 2020, 07:54

Hi acrigney,

The team is already working on this. However we do not have an ETA for this since it is a complicated task.

Best Regards,

Panagiotis 

Join us on Telegram

@PanagiotisCharalampous

abotrader
06 Jan 2021, 12:15

RE:

PanagiotisCharalampous said:

Hi acrigney,

The team is already working on this. However we do not have an ETA for this since it is a complicated task.

Best Regards,

Panagiotis 

Join us on Telegram

Hi,

@PanagiotisCharalampous and what about the UI evolution there is a migration of UI to .NET 5.0 and 6.0 after this also to be compatible with OSX, Linux, Mobile...?

And what about using CTrader in Container or Cloud in the future (Ex to do Front-End (Desktop or WEB) and Back-End (REST or Other in Container or Cloud Ex. for cBot... )?

@abotrader

acrigney
06 Jan 2021, 13:32

Upgrade to .net 5

Brilliant mate!

May I suggest that you use Domain Driven Design principals so you can plug and play new front/backend technologies easily in the future and quickly evaluate new techs?

Are you into DDD? And you would be using .net shared libraries?

I can help with DDD if you need it?

Best Regards,

Alistair

abtraderdemo said:

Hi acrigney,

Best Regards,

Panagiotis 

Join us on Telegram

Hi,

@PanagiotisCharalampous and what about the UI evolution there is a migration of UI to .NET 5.0 and 6.0 after this also to be compatible with OSX, Linux, Mobile...?

And what about using CTrader in Container or Cloud in the future (Ex to do Front-End (Desktop or WEB) and Back-End (REST or Other in Container or Cloud Ex. for cBot... )?

@acrigney

acrigney
06 Jan 2021, 13:37

RE: Upgrade to .net 5

Also I am not a fan of containerisation except for migrations of legacy products to the cloud. With DDD you can easily use your applications layer (that calls you domain code) in an app service, S2 or Azure Function or Lambda serverless environment  You use app services for statefull application layers and Functions for stateless application layers.

Brilliant mate!

May I suggest that you use Domain Driven Design principals so you can plug and play new front/backend technologies easily in the future and quickly evaluate new techs?

Are you into DDD? And you would be using .net shared libraries?

I can help with DDD if you need it?

Best Regards,

Alistair

abtraderdemo said:

Hi acrigney,

Best Regards,

Panagiotis 

Join us on Telegram

Hi,

@acrigney