Fib Retracement numbers and line colours should be like in MT4

Created at 19 Mar 2014, 11:59
How’s your experience with the cTrader Platform?
Your feedback is crucial to cTrader's development. Please take a few seconds to share your opinion and help us improve your trading experience. Thanks!
BA

Bax80

Joined 19.03.2014

Fib Retracement numbers and line colours should be like in MT4
19 Mar 2014, 11:59

Hello,

I am just on demo with ctrader and would like to go live but while playing around in demo I saw some things that could be changed to better.

The Fib Retracement tool: On MT4 the Fib numbers are always on the far right. This makes a lots of sence because if you start drawing fibs on higher timeframes and then go down you still want to see the fib numbers on the right side of the screen.

If they are on the left as they are in Ctrader it is not possible to draw fibs on higher timeframes and then see the fib numbers on lower timeframes. You just see the lines and have to guess which retracement number could be behind that line or switch back and forth between timeframes what is really annoying while trading.

Also it would be good if the different retracement lines could have different colours. For example the 61,8 % line in red, the 38,20 line in blue and so on. Very important is that the colours never change until you change them! Also if you draw NEW fibs! Because right now Ctrader always uses automatically the last colour used for all tools I use in the future. 
For example, I want the fib lines in black, then later I draw a horizontal line in red and if I want to use a new fib tool the fib lines are now red.

VERY VERY annoying!

In MT4 for example if I change a vertical line to blue then it will always stay blue and will never change to a different colour no matter if I draw a channel in pink afterwords. The horizontal line I drew and want to draw in the future are always blue and that is also very good that way and should be the same way in Ctrader!!

If you guys can make those little changes to Ctrader then it would be really great.

Thanks in advance!!!

@Bax80
Replies

Bax80
19 Mar 2014, 12:01

RE:

Look at your video Min 2.05. The Fib Numers have been on the right and now I can't change it anymore??

http://help.spotware.com/charts/line-studies

Hello,

I am just on demo with ctrader and would like to go live but while playing around in demo I saw some things that could be changed to better.

The Fib Retracement tool: On MT4 the Fib numbers are always on the far right. This makes a lots of sence because if you start drawing fibs on higher timeframes and then go down you still want to see the fib numbers on the right side of the screen.

If they are on the left as they are in Ctrader it is not possible to draw fibs on higher timeframes and then see the fib numbers on lower timeframes. You just see the lines and have to guess which retracement number could be behind that line or switch back and forth between timeframes what is really annoying while trading.

Also it would be good if the different retracement lines could have different colours. For example the 61,8 % line in red, the 38,20 line in blue and so on. Very important is that the colours never change until you change them! Also if you draw NEW fibs! Because right now Ctrader always uses automatically the last colour used for all tools I use in the future. 
For example, I want the fib lines in black, then later I draw a horizontal line in red and if I want to use a new fib tool the fib lines are now red.

VERY VERY annoying!

In MT4 for example if I change a vertical line to blue then it will always stay blue and will never change to a different colour no matter if I draw a channel in pink afterwords. The horizontal line I drew and want to draw in the future are always blue and that is also very good that way and should be the same way in Ctrader!!

If you guys can make those little changes to Ctrader then it would be really great.

Thanks in advance!!!

@Bax80

Spotware
19 Mar 2014, 14:06

Hello, 

We will consider your comment about the location of percentages in the fibonacci tool. You can save a default colour for the fibonacci tool by Right Clicking on it's settings and selecting "Apply as default settings"

@Spotware

Bax80
20 Mar 2014, 13:09

RE:

Spotware said:

Hello, 

We will consider your comment about the location of percentages in the fibonacci tool. You can save a default colour for the fibonacci tool by Right Clicking on it's settings and selecting "Apply as default settings"

Hello,

even if I save a colour as a default setting it will only stay as default until I chose a new colour and use it as a default setting for horizontal lines for example. Then the next Fibs I draw will have the same 

colour as my horizontal lines and not anymore the colour I chose as default for the fibs.... Somehow there isn't a really default setting for any lines otherwise the colour wouldn't change....

@Bax80

mosaddeqi@gmail.com
08 Nov 2018, 16:22

Problem with Fibonacci tool in cTrader

Hello,

I have problem with Fibonacci retracement tool in ctrader, I customize this tool includes uncheck some lines and change color of it and in the end, check "apply for default settings", But when I select new Fibonacci tool, settings not saved and all lines are checked.

How do I save default settings in this tool contains colors and lines?

@mosaddeqi@gmail.com