HOTKEYS

Created at 13 Oct 2020, 15:36
How’s your experience with the cTrader Platform?
Your feedback is crucial to cTrader's development. Please take a few seconds to share your opinion and help us improve your trading experience. Thanks!
MA

mahesicaplan

Joined 27.11.2019

HOTKEYS
13 Oct 2020, 15:36

I am finding the idea of leaving jforex almost impossible because there are so many poorly implemented features in ctrader IMO  -

In this instance, the HOTKEYS seem to be imposed on us as a pre-ordained set of options 

It is mind-boggling to me that there are no hotkeys for the drawing tools - if you have never used that feature you don't know what your missing - I find the hotkeys on offer in Ctrader mostly useless - they do not suit me at all - why are they imposed? - in jforex you can hotkey anything and everything - so you can be creative - I really struggle with platforms that decide for you how you're supposed to trade. 

cTrader
@mahesicaplan
Replies

gorabo9514
11 Jan 2021, 04:29

RE:

Yes, the actual user-friendliness is a big problem in cTrader if you compare it to other newer trading platforms like Quantower.

It looks like cTrader is made by people who never actually trade. 

I wish there would be many more possibilities to do more stuff just using simple hotkeys.   

And programming a few HOTKEYs should be quite easy IMHO. 

The funny thing is that we don't need more indicators, more algos, more bots, we need to actually trade... ;) and every time there is a new ctrader update, I mostly see stuff useless for actual trading and making money.
For example, the new calendar released last year is seriously horrible. It takes almost 1/4 of my screen in order to see a few news during my trading session. Loads of useless info. What most traders would actually need is just a few lines in the corner of each chart that there is upcoming news in how many minutes, it's impact level + alert where the user would define how many minutes before the news would he be notified. That's all most traders need IMHO.  

Spotware, pleasseeee!

mahesicaplan said:

I am finding the idea of leaving jforex almost impossible because there are so many poorly implemented features in ctrader IMO  -

In this instance, the HOTKEYS seem to be imposed on us as a pre-ordained set of options 

It is mind-boggling to me that there are no hotkeys for the drawing tools - if you have never used that feature you don't know what your missing - I find the hotkeys on offer in Ctrader mostly useless - they do not suit me at all - why are they imposed? - in jforex you can hotkey anything and everything - so you can be creative - I really struggle with platforms that decide for you how you're supposed to trade. 

@gorabo9514

Cement76
19 Jan 2021, 03:10 ( Updated at: 19 Jan 2021, 03:13 )

Yes please! Hotkeys for drawing tools. Or at least configurable for your favourites.

This!  

Hotkeys for the drawing tools would make life way easier. On a big screen that drawing toolbar may as well be in Siberia.  But even having the horizontal line, trend line, and rays on separate buttons would be an improvement.

Having to go through the drop-down menu is painful when you're in a hurry. 

Easier/smoother access to the drawing tools is my number one gripe to be fixed.

@Cement76

yefahej464
28 Jan 2021, 03:41

RE:

Yes, it is mind-boggling and with cTrader 4.0 it won't get that much better. I really wonder who decided that some of these shortcuts already done are more important than for example drawing tools or alerts shortcut. 

cTrader - how about some survey on what kind of shortcuts would your users mostly want? You can use your Telegram account and get straight feedback. 

mahesicaplan said:

@yefahej464