A bunch of small ways to improve cTrader

Created at 07 Feb 2014, 01:54
How’s your experience with the cTrader Platform?
Your feedback is crucial to cTrader's development. Please take a few seconds to share your opinion and help us improve your trading experience. Thanks!
LO

longshot

Joined 17.04.2013

A bunch of small ways to improve cTrader
07 Feb 2014, 01:54

1. There should be a Preference that allows you to set the default order volume for forex pairs, and oz volume for metals.  The current 100k is way too high for small accounts if trading on long timeframes - if you accidentally create an order with that volume it could quickly wipe you out.  It'd be better still if cTrader remembered your last ordersize on a per-pair basis and continued to use it as the default next time you placed orders on those pairs.

2. When filling out details in the order dialog, it'd be easier to use if entry, SL and TP lines were placed on the chart in a bright (user-configurable) colour so you could see where they'd be if you went ahead with the order.  Better still if you could drag them on the chart and have the order dialog update its values accordingly.

3. Edit an object, such as a rectangle, choose its colour, fill, opacity and line style, then hit OKwith the Default checkbox ticked (which it is by "default") and the system will remember your selections next time you draw that rectangle.  Edit a rectangle and choose different settings and hit OK _without_ Default ticked, and it'll clear your previous default selection and revert to the system's default.  It really should not do this, and it'd be better not to have that checkbox ticked by default as well.

4. Removing indicators is not intuitive.  The objects list is not an obvious place, and if you draw on charts as much as I do it can be pretty hard to find them.  Right-clicking on the indicator should bring up a menu with the option to set its properties or remove it from the chart.

5. Indicators also need the MT4 feature of being able to specify on which timeframes they're displayed.

@longshot
Replies

longshot
07 Feb 2014, 03:09

RE:

longshot said:

5. Indicators also need the MT4 feature of being able to specify on which timeframes they're displayed.

This should be available for Objects as well.

@longshot

cogs
07 Feb 2014, 10:29

You have some great suggestions.

I have to add - It really appears the designers are not traders, colors and precise traders adjustments are severely lacking.

If they really wanted to implement a great traders tool, they would add a trade ladder like Infinity Futures platform uses.

@cogs

longshot
08 Feb 2014, 14:06

RE:

cogs said:

I have to add - It really appears the designers are not traders, colors and precise traders adjustments are severely lacking.

I don't know, you may well be right, but (unlike MT4) I'm really encouraged by the forum they provide for suggestions, voting on ideas and so on - even to the point of a feedback mechanism within the software itself.  That gives me a lot of confidence that cTrader/cAlgo will eventually become one of the prime forex trading platforms.

Anyway, to add to my suggestions above:-

Its just soooo easy to accidentally close a chart.  Imagine you've spent hours on analysis involving drawing dozens of rectangles for support/resistance, trendlines etc, plus the addition of various arrows etc over time & notes on where your trades were taken and why.  Then you accidentally click the X button instead of the tab of the next chart ... and all your work is gone forever.  Two suggestions: A confirmation dialog, and the ability to set the default for that chart.  Once set, even if you close it you could open that chart again & have it return with all your objects intact.

@longshot

Spotware
10 Feb 2014, 10:21

Thank you for your great suggestions. We will consider all of them.

@Spotware

Rah2012
10 Feb 2014, 11:27

RE:

Spotware said:

Hello Spotware,

Can you also look into enabling clients to preset "Stop Loss" and "Take Profit" levels before a trade is open as a general option? The present functionality is great but is limited to first opening an order before you can enable and adjust these levels (SL & TP). Maybe you can also apply this to the "Trailing Stop" functionality as well. Please advise.

@Rah2012

longshot
10 Feb 2014, 12:39

RE:

Spotware said:

... and this is why I have great confidence in the future of cTrader :)

@longshot

Spotware
10 Feb 2014, 12:49 ( Updated at: 23 Jan 2024, 13:15 )

[Rah2012], please find QuickTrade Execution Settings in cTrader:

@Spotware

Rah2012
11 Feb 2014, 03:04 ( Updated at: 23 Jan 2024, 13:15 )

RE:

Spotware said:

[Rah2012], please find QuickTrade Execution Settings in cTrader:

Thank you

@Rah2012