So many great, innovative features on cT - yet some very simple, basic features missing

Created at 06 Apr 2020, 01:05
How’s your experience with the cTrader Platform?
Your feedback is crucial to cTrader's development. Please take a few seconds to share your opinion and help us improve your trading experience. Thanks!
MA

mattflay

Joined 06.04.2020

So many great, innovative features on cT - yet some very simple, basic features missing
06 Apr 2020, 01:05

Firstly..  Charts:  PLEASE, bring in a simple "duplicate" button.  I.e. I think it's pretty essential to be able to duplicate a current chart, so that you can have them on a tabbed window together, in different time frames, BUT with all the key levels / trend lines etc that have been drawn in on the higher timeframe.  It's driving me mad having to switch the time frame on that one "marked up" chart all the time, plus really miss being able to compare my 'anchor' chart next to my trading chart, both with the key levels drawn in like I have been able to do on various other platforms I have used, both at home and at work.  Very simple fix - please implement this!

Secondly, to enable us to add some custom hotkeys would be great.  One thing that is frustrating is having the crosshair up, then wanting to insert a horizontal line. On CQG (which I used to use for work), you can just 'right click, add horizontal line'. To keep having to move the cursor to the right, find the tool, and then, either repeat that or go through the "duplicating object" process just seems clunky and slow when there is such an easy solution.  It would also be really good to be able to add a 'favourites list' to the right click menu when on a chart, which you could add your most used drawing tools etc to.  It's also very frustrating, for example, when using the pencil tool, that once you have drawn your first line, circle, whatever - it then reverts to the cursor.  The item should stay in action until it is turned off. Having to constantly keep going to the toolbox to 'pick up' the item just for one use is quite frankly silly!

Please also let us be able to "lock" certain objects - ie major key levels, trend lines etc.  They are too easily moved by accident when dragging the chart.

As I said in the title, I am really enjoying cTrader as a platform to work on - it's amazing! But, particularly that first point, unfortunately there are too many "easy life" basic features missing which is preventing me from being comfortable enough switching my live account to it.  You can duplicate any object and drawing etc, so for goodness sake, just make it possible to duplicate a chart also. 

Thank you :)

cTrader
@mattflay
Replies

mattflay
06 Apr 2020, 01:17

RE:

Ahhhh... AND, can we have an OHLC box please for the day please!

@mattflay

... Deleted by UFO ...