Ability to pause optimisation, save current state and continue another day.

Created at 27 Mar 2020, 10:09
How’s your experience with the cTrader Platform?
Your feedback is crucial to cTrader's development. Please take a few seconds to share your opinion and help us improve your trading experience. Thanks!
DA

darcome

Joined 23.01.2019

Ability to pause optimisation, save current state and continue another day.
27 Mar 2020, 10:09

Hi everyone,

Some optimisations, given the amount of possible parameters permutations may take several days to complete. I'd like it would be possible to pause the process, save its state and then continue another day, so that what has been calculated won't be wasted in case the pc needs to be shutdown.

Thanks in advance!

cTrader Automate
@darcome
Replies

Shares4UsDevelopment
30 Mar 2020, 08:38

Save Optimisation results

Or even better: Automatic save of completed threads and reload when not completed the last time.

@Shares4UsDevelopment

... Deleted by UFO ...

Clark22
23 May 2024, 10:47

Hi,

This seems like an old thread but, I prefer not to create a new one if one already exists.

I'm new to the platform and do also have issues with Optimisation and have some suggestions.

• The lack of pause is surprising and very much needed in order to ad-hoc release CPU. 
  • It would ideally be using savepoints so it doesn't lose everything with a crash or forced close.
  • With the savepoints and pause features in place, it should also be possible to resume between app sessions (I see this as very much like a torrent/download app - it remembers, it keeps going).
  • The CPU usage should not be set to a default of 100% or even use 100% at all. At 100% you are no longer able to interact with the application, making it uncontrollable and unstable (and forcing you to force close it and lose everything after it's been running for hrs).

Other suggestions (Whilst I'm on the subject):

• Spread display between the buy and sell buttons on the chart. It's displayed on the mobile app, but I see it nowhere else. It's really important.
  • The History/positions/orders pane could have the option to display many more fields (such as labels and comments) so that they can be worked with in a spreadsheet.

Thanks for reading. I hope we can see some of these changes soon.

Cheers,

Clark

@Clark22