Partial Position Close

Created at 03 Mar 2020, 17:14
How’s your experience with the cTrader Platform?
Your feedback is crucial to cTrader's development. Please take a few seconds to share your opinion and help us improve your trading experience. Thanks!
G.

g.horvath006

Joined 03.03.2020

Partial Position Close
03 Mar 2020, 17:14

Hi,

Is there a chance to put partial position close in cTrader? There is an option in MT4 when you can close, let's say 20%-30%-40%-50%- etc of an opened position while the rest runs further as remaining position. For example, there is a 1 LOT EURUSD opened that is in profit and in order to realise some profit you can close 50% of it, i.e. the rest will run further with 0.5 LOT position.

Many thanks,

G.

cTrader
@g.horvath006
Replies

PanagiotisCharalampous
04 Mar 2020, 08:39

Hi g.horvath006,

To modify the position's volume, just go to the Modify Position form and change the volume. See below

Best Regards,

Panagiotis 

Join us on Telegram

@PanagiotisCharalampous

g.horvath006
06 Mar 2020, 03:58

Thank you

Got it.

Thank you!

@g.horvath006

ClickAlgo
08 Mar 2020, 11:39 ( Updated at: 21 Dec 2023, 09:21 )

We also have many tools to help you close positions with partial volumes.

cTrader Partial Close

Paul Hayes
Sales & Marketing
Emailcontact@clickalgo.com
Phone: (44) 203 289 6573
Websitehttps://clickalgo.com

Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Pinterest | LinkedIn

PS: Why not join our instant chat group on Telegram.

@ClickAlgo

justinwilkinson
26 Jul 2023, 14:07 ( Updated at: 21 Dec 2023, 09:23 )

RE: Partial Position Close

PanagiotisCharalampous said: 

Hi g.horvath006,

To modify the position's volume, just go to the Modify Position form and change the volume. See below

Best Regards,

Panagiotis 

Join us on Telegram

Hi

Is there a way to close a part of a position using the mobile (Android) app as I can't seem to find the functionality?

Thanks

Justin

@justinwilkinson

PanagiotisChar
27 Jul 2023, 05:13

Hi there,

Same way, just modify the position volume

Aieden Technologies

Need help? Join us on Telegram

@PanagiotisChar

an.anderl
10 Aug 2023, 15:56

i have exactly the same issue. i am aware of the modify position dialogue, but this is cumbersome and not fast enough.
as i am on mac i have no access to native cTrader and therefore also not to the plugins. it would be great if the web interface would make partial TP easier.
best would be to have in tradingview also, but i guess thats not possible on TV side too.
reduce only orders would be the thing to have

@an.anderl

asad_rehman47
01 Dec 2023, 09:17 ( Updated at: 01 Dec 2023, 09:19 )

Close Partial Trade using an Amount in Pounds

I want a feature in cTrader where I can close the trade partially by specifying an amount in Pounds

For Example my Trade is -£8 negative the lot size 0.23, i want to close this negative trade by £4, I want to type in £4 in the close box and I want cTRader to reduce this trade to -£4, it handles the Lot conversion behind the scenes.

I know I can close the trade currently using a lot size but i don't want this, I want to close by percentage and close by Amount in £ and cTrader does the conversion in Lot behind the scenes.

@asad_rehman47