Trendline copy, Trendline alarms...vote for most sought after enhancements.

Created at 30 Nov 2012, 04:12
How’s your experience with the cTrader Platform?
Your feedback is crucial to cTrader's development. Please take a few seconds to share your opinion and help us improve your trading experience. Thanks!
RE

reggytrades

Joined 29.11.2012

Trendline copy, Trendline alarms...vote for most sought after enhancements.
30 Nov 2012, 04:12

First let me commend and congratulate the coders at cTrader/cAlgo for a really great product.  It's really an order of magnitude of improvement over MT4 in many ways.  The chart trading feature is the one I like the best, also the execution, the liquidity, and the spreads.  But since I use a lot of pitchfork analysis, with the use of reaction lines, I may have to do my analysis on a separate platform, and trade on cTrader.  If you folks were able to provide more trendline capability w/alerts, I would surely pay a subscription fee similar to the packages available at fxalgotrader.com.  Lots of people use trendlines and the ability to alarm a trendline crossover will reduce screen 'stare time' enormously.  I, for one, would be happy to help fund development of trendline alert capabilities.  Maybe others feel the same way.  Let's do a vote and see what features are most sought after. 

@reggytrades
Replies

admin
30 Nov 2012, 12:02

Thank you for your suggestion. We will take it into consideration for the future plans.

@admin

KeeperOfDuffy
21 Aug 2015, 03:47

RE:

I agree with this request. The last thing I want to do is stare at the screen all day. Having a trendline cross, an indicator cross or a state change (ie Candlestick Tendency) to indicate entry or exit would be a big step forward forward. Alert options would be email, popup or sms.

admin said:

Thank you for your suggestion. We will take it into consideration for the future plans.

@KeeperOfDuffy

godfreychege
06 Feb 2017, 17:22

RE:

admin said:

Hello Admin,

When is this trendline alert capability coming? It's long overdue. I am almost moving to another trading platform because of this one feature.

Regards,

@godfreychege

jensnig
06 Feb 2017, 18:55

RE:

reggytrades said:

First let me commend and congratulate the coders at cTrader/cAlgo for a really great product.  It's really an order of magnitude of improvement over MT4 in many ways.  The chart trading feature is the one I like the best, also the execution, the liquidity, and the spreads.  But since I use a lot of pitchfork analysis, with the use of reaction lines, I may have to do my analysis on a separate platform, and trade on cTrader.  If you folks were able to provide more trendline capability w/alerts, I would surely pay a subscription fee similar to the packages available at fxalgotrader.com.  Lots of people use trendlines and the ability to alarm a trendline crossover will reduce screen 'stare time' enormously.  I, for one, would be happy to help fund development of trendline alert capabilities.  Maybe others feel the same way.  Let's do a vote and see what features are most sought after. 

Great idea, I would also endorse a vote on this.

@jensnig

elmpie
25 Jun 2020, 15:21

RE: RE:

jensnig said:

reggytrades said:

Great idea, I would also endorse a vote on this.

To me it seems they stopped development. This platform ain't going anywhere :/

@elmpie