cTrader Copy -> Desktop & Mobile

Created at 07 Oct 2019, 08:39
How’s your experience with the cTrader Platform?
Your feedback is crucial to cTrader's development. Please take a few seconds to share your opinion and help us improve your trading experience. Thanks!

FleX

Joined 30.09.2019

cTrader Copy -> Desktop & Mobile
07 Oct 2019, 08:39

Why is Copy only available on Web and not Desktop or Mobile platforms?

I was going to suggest the platform to a succesful trader that lists on MQL5, Zulu and other signal sites, though I relised I'd just be wasting his time with such limited, and confusing/broken, exposure..

cTrader Copy
@FleX
Replies

PanagiotisCharalampous
07 Oct 2019, 09:28

Hi drayzen,

We have plans to add cTrader Copy in desktop and mobile in the future. However, it is not clear for which reasons you think it is limited. Could you please explain?

Best Regards,

Panagiotis

@PanagiotisCharalampous

FXBO
09 Oct 2019, 01:20

RE: cTrader Copy -> Desktop & Mobile

Panagiotis Charalampous said:

Hi drayzen,

We have plans to add cTrader Copy in desktop and mobile in the future. However, it is not clear for which reasons you think it is limited. Could you please explain?

Best Regards,

Panagiotis

Hi Panagiotis,

What Drayzen was getting at, actually you have answered. He was stating about lack of exposure, due to the fact that cTrader Copy has not at this moment in time, access for "Desktop" & "Mobile" platforms alike. A rough time-frame may just be helpful, if known naturally?

Stephen Smith.

@FXBO

PanagiotisCharalampous
09 Oct 2019, 08:20

Hi Stephen,

Thanks for posting in our forum. We do not have a timeframe at the moment.

Best Regards,

Panagiotis

@PanagiotisCharalampous

FleX
09 Oct 2019, 08:48

RE:

Panagiotis Charalampous said:

Hi drayzen,

Best Regards,

Panagiotis

What are your relative usage rates (%) for Desktop / Mobile / Web?
I'll take a guess at approximately 55% / 35% / 10% respectively, close to the mark..?

While searching to see if these figures had been published, I came across this quote associated with the release of Desktop 3.6:
"Our goal is to provide traders with the same user experience on all devices, as cTrader is accessible on desktop, web, and mobile. Also, being a very trader-oriented platform, we constantly add requested by traders features with every new update."
Copy appears to be an outlier to this goal.
If it's being intentioanlly held back as the service isn't up to handling a high number of active users, then just be upfront and say that it's coming in a staggered release for that reason, or some actions are required by brokers, or whatever the real reason is.
Being mysterious just annoys everyone..

Also note the response I received to this question on Twitter, the answer should always be the same regardless of channel.
https://twitter.com/cTrader/status/1181556157325824005

@FleX