General suggestion for critically missing features

Created at 17 Aug 2019, 09:42
How’s your experience with the cTrader Platform?
Your feedback is crucial to cTrader's development. Please take a few seconds to share your opinion and help us improve your trading experience. Thanks!
CT

ctid1456149

Joined 17.08.2019

General suggestion for critically missing features
17 Aug 2019, 09:42

The critically missing features are:

1. Multi-symbol, multi-timeframe backtesting. It is just not serious without it! Mentioned by others a gazillion of times. Surely, we can implement it ourselves with FIX API. But why Automate to exist then?
  2. Program and bot autostart on reboot/crash/restart/update/accidental closure etc.
  3. A new method in cBots that would allow to control other bots, start/stop them with a configurable set of parameters and ideally also check some overall performance characteristics.
    These control cBots can be made in a separate class of bots (for safety, so only when someone wants it, they would make or use these), and it is them that could be exclusively made configurable to autostart on program/computer start.
  4. Backtesting that acquires and displays equity and balance per tick.

Less critical but still very much desirable and missing features are:

1. Flexible timeframes. Yes, this is possible. And we do not have to have myriads of timeframes. Just pick boxes for type and ‘unit length’ and a plus/minus button to configure a desirable number of these.
  2. Auto-storing backtesting results (that can be switched on and off on demand) and the top pickable number of optimisation results. Together with the parameters. So, these can be loaded/viewed later. And these results (again) need to be per tick and not per trade. Currently, we have no idea what the actual equity flex was in between trades.
  3. Use of parallel/async methods throughout in the program (I am talking about the cTrader program itself and not just cBots) and use of OpenCL whenever possible. Currently it got better, I admit that, but from the overall performance it still looks that there were far too many shortcuts made in the base programming and it does not seem optimal at all.
  4. Folders for storing data configurable from the program. We all are annoyed to check AppData all the time.

If these will be implemented, I can promise that I will promote the platform by all means, for free and with dedication.

cTrader Automate
@ctid1456149