Add "horizontal ray" trendline

Created at 25 Jul 2019, 00:01
How’s your experience with the cTrader Platform?
Your feedback is crucial to cTrader's development. Please take a few seconds to share your opinion and help us improve your trading experience. Thanks!
BE

benpepperwhittaker

Joined 27.02.2019

Add "horizontal ray" trendline
25 Jul 2019, 00:01

Hi!

I would love if you could add the "horizontal ray" feature that exists on Tradingview. I think it would be a pretty easy addition.

It is a trendline that goes horizontal to the right from where you anchor it. Typically used to mark out a high, low, open, close etc when you dont want to have line across your whole chart.

Right now I use the cTrader trendline to do it which is much work:

- First press the trendline.
- Right click and make 100% horizontal with the "angle" tool.
- Click "extend to inifinity

Would this be possible? Let me know if you need more information.

Thank you very much,
Kind greetings,

Ben Whittaker.

@benpepperwhittaker
Replies

PanagiotisCharalampous
25 Jul 2019, 09:11

Hi Ben,

We already have a horizontal line. I am not sure what is the difference with what you propose.

Best Regards,

Panagiotis

@PanagiotisCharalampous

sdhunter9
25 Jul 2019, 09:52

It doesn't go back to the left only into the future from the point you click. It doesn't over crowd the charts
@sdhunter9

benpepperwhittaker
25 Jul 2019, 21:32 ( Updated at: 21 Dec 2023, 09:21 )

RE:

Panagiotis Charalampous said:

Hi Ben,

We already have a horizontal line. I am not sure what is the difference with what you propose.

Best Regards,

Panagiotis

Exactly, as "sdhunter" says, it only goes into the future from the point I click which doesn't make the chart so much of a mess when there are several points I do this with.

Like this:

Not like this:

As you can see, the last one makes more of a mess. Now imagine having 10 of those lines on the chart, which only is supposed to show obvious highs or lows. It gets hard to seperate them from normal horisontal levels.

What do you think? Is this possible to manage? It would be extremely much appreciated from a loyal supporter of your platform, I absolutely love it. :) 

Kind regards, 
Ben Whittaker

@benpepperwhittaker

benpepperwhittaker
28 Jul 2019, 21:28

RE:

Hi Ben,

Best Regards,

Panagiotis

Hello!

Did you notice my reply? Is it possible to get your opinion on whether this is possible to include in an update?

Thanks!

Ben

@benpepperwhittaker

PanagiotisCharalampous
29 Jul 2019, 09:36

Hi Ben,

Yes we did. The team will consider this suggestion for a future update.

Best Regards,

Panagiotis

@PanagiotisCharalampous

benpepperwhittaker
29 Jul 2019, 13:14

RE:

Hi Ben,

Yes we did. The team will consider this suggestion for a future update.

Best Regards,

Panagiotis

Great to hear! It would be extremely appreciated as it would make my days with cTrader much easier, as it's the one tool I use the most.

Thank you in advance if it ever gets done.

Greetings,
Ben

@benpepperwhittaker

00yfx5
05 Jan 2024, 00:56 ( Updated at: 05 Jan 2024, 06:48 )

RE: Add "horizontal ray" line

PanagiotisCharalampous said: 

Hi Ben,

Best Regards,

Panagiotis

Hello, Panagiotis and Dev team,

Can you take another look at this request? We want a specific type of horizontal ray/line that starts at the OHLC price of the trader's discretion. Please look at the following example from Tradingview where this feature is currently active.

Can this be implemented?

Best,

Yow 

@00yfx5

PanagiotisCharalampous
05 Jan 2024, 07:06

RE: RE: Add "horizontal ray" line

00yfx5 said: 

Hi Ben,

Best Regards,

Panagiotis

Can you take another look at this request? We want a specific type of horizontal ray/line that starts at the OHLC price of the trader's discretion. Please look at the following example from Tradingview where this feature is currently active.

Can this be implemented?

Best,

Yow 

Hi Yow,

You can do this with trendlines. I don't see a reason for a separate object

Best regards,

Panagiotis

@PanagiotisCharalampous

00yfx5
08 Jan 2024, 08:58

RE: RE: RE: Add "horizontal ray" line

00yfx5 said: 

Hi Ben,

Best Regards,

Panagiotis

Can this be implemented?

Best,

Yow 

Hi Yow,

Best regards,

Panagiotis

@00yfx5

00yfx5
08 Jan 2024, 09:09

RE: RE: RE: RE: Add "horizontal ray" line

00yfx5 said: 

00yfx5 said: 

Hi Ben,

Best Regards,

Panagiotis

Can this be implemented?

Best,

Yow 

Hi Yow,

Best regards,

Panagiotis

Hello Panagiotis,

Thanks for you quick respond. Can at least the price the label on y-axis be added to the horizontal ray line in the way it is done for horizontal lines and ask/bid price line? 
The reason that we ask for this improvement is due to the fact that the current ray is inconvenient and drives us to other platforms/solutions. While we rather stay within the ctrader ecosystem. Yes we can do analysis and draw a horizontal trendline but we what we're asking for is convenience in doing so. Like the given suggestions.

Can you tell us if the suggestions will be taken into account or will be ignored?

Thanks in advance.

Best,

Yow

@00yfx5

00yfx5
08 Jan 2024, 09:09

RE: RE: RE: RE: Add "horizontal ray" line

00yfx5 said: 

00yfx5 said: 

Hi Ben,

Best Regards,

Panagiotis

Can this be implemented?

Best,

Yow 

Hi Yow,

Best regards,

Panagiotis

Hello Panagiotis,

Thanks for you quick respond. Can at least the price the label on y-axis be added to the horizontal ray line in the way it is done for horizontal lines and ask/bid price line? 
The reason that we ask for this improvement is due to the fact that the current ray is inconvenient and drives us to other platforms/solutions. While we rather stay within the ctrader ecosystem. Yes we can do analysis and draw a horizontal trendline but we what we're asking for is convenience in doing so. Like the given suggestions.

Can you tell us if the suggestions will be taken into account or will be ignored?

Thanks in advance.

Best,

Yow

@00yfx5