Market Replay

Created at 14 Jul 2019, 04:49
How’s your experience with the cTrader Platform?
Your feedback is crucial to cTrader's development. Please take a few seconds to share your opinion and help us improve your trading experience. Thanks!
ST

stewp60

Joined 14.07.2019

Market Replay
14 Jul 2019, 04:49

I am just wondering if anything more has been done with Market Replay, it was mentioned in a previous post that is was being looked at for sometime in the future and that was 2013 it is now 6 years later and I am just wondering if there has been any further developement.

@stewp60
Replies

PanagiotisCharalampous
17 Jul 2019, 12:04

Hi stewp60,

Thanks for posting in our forum. At the moment we are offering Visual Backtesting and with v3.6 we are introducing Chart Objects that will allow users to delevop cBots that will enable traders to perform manual trading on a Market Replay mode.

Best Regards,

Panagiotis

@PanagiotisCharalampous

pcyuan87
04 Aug 2019, 09:01

RE:

Panagiotis Charalampous said:

Hi stewp60,

Thanks for posting in our forum. At the moment we are offering Visual Backtesting and with v3.6 we are introducing Chart Objects that will allow users to delevop cBots that will enable traders to perform manual trading on a Market Replay mode.

Best Regards,

Panagiotis

Hi, may i know do cTrader plan to develop the market replay mode like trading view which allow us to instantly replay the market instead of develop through cBots? I think Market Replay is very important to traders and i have seen many traders are looking for this function. If cTrader can provide Market Replay then we don't need to look for another platform just for Market Replay. 

@pcyuan87

PanagiotisCharalampous
05 Aug 2019, 10:05

Ηι pcyuan87,

We do not have such plans since this can be easily done using Visual backtesting. What is it that prevents you from using visual backtesting for market replay?

Best Regards,

Panagiotis

@PanagiotisCharalampous

afhacker
05 Aug 2019, 10:31

You can try Manual Strategy Tester: https://www.algodeveloper.com/product/manual-strategy-tester/

It's not free but there are other free alternatives on cTDN.

@afhacker

JIMMY002095
22 Sep 2019, 15:09

RE:

Ηι pcyuan87,

We do not have such plans since this can be easily done using Visual backtesting. What is it that prevents you from using visual backtesting for market replay?

Best Regards,

Panagiotis

Hi Panagiotis,

Thank you for directing me to the visual backtesting mode. It is awsome, but I still have one question: How to manually placing and closing orders in the Visual backtesting mode?

Best regards,

Jimmy

@JIMMY002095

PanagiotisCharalampous
23 Sep 2019, 08:57

Hi Jimmy,

There is no built in way to do so, you will need to develop your own manual strategy tester cBot or use a commercial one as the one Ahmad proposed above.

Best Regards,

Panagiotis

@PanagiotisCharalampous

JIMMY002095
24 Sep 2019, 04:02

RE:

Hi Jimmy,

There is no built in way to do so, you will need to develop your own manual strategy tester cBot or use a commercial one as the one Ahmad proposed above.

Best Regards,

Panagiotis

Thank you, Panagiotis!

@JIMMY002095

... Deleted by UFO ...