Possibility to lock objects (drawings)

Created at 12 Jan 2014, 03:11
How’s your experience with the cTrader Platform?
Your feedback is crucial to cTrader's development. Please take a few seconds to share your opinion and help us improve your trading experience. Thanks!
KF

kfxtrd

Joined 09.01.2014

Possibility to lock objects (drawings)
12 Jan 2014, 03:11

Too often do I run into a situation where I accidentally move a trendline or a box when I only wanted to drag the chart, or another object close by. In MT4 the user had to double click to select (and then deselect) an object before editing. That is not necessary perhaps, but then we should be able to lock certain objects so that they can't be moved until unlocked. And/or a "lock all drawings on chart" feature.
Alternatively, dragging objects could be only possible by holding down some control key (ctrl, alt, shift, etc).

cTrader
@kfxtrd
Replies

moneyflow21
11 Jun 2014, 06:15

Yes, I agree this is a much needed feature!

@moneyflow21

GunArm
27 Mar 2015, 23:51

I agree with this. I think I like the "only dragging objects by holding down a control key" alternative the best. Another thing that would be extremely helpful (kind of wierd that it's missing in my opinion) is having an undo buffer

@GunArm

darwinplays
29 Aug 2015, 04:19

This is the only flaw i concern, please add this feature.

@darwinplays

tommy_george@msn.com
28 Feb 2017, 21:08 ( Updated at: 28 Feb 2017, 21:29 )

couldn't agree more with this feature. I've had to reset so many horizontal lines after accidently moving them while dragging a chart around!

@tommy_george@msn.com

... Deleted by UFO ...

rx78chou
30 Sep 2017, 01:04

very needed!

@rx78chou