Trade Manager

Created at 19 Feb 2014, 19:18
How’s your experience with the cTrader Platform?
Your feedback is crucial to cTrader's development. Please take a few seconds to share your opinion and help us improve your trading experience. Thanks!
FR

freakgib

Joined 13.02.2014

Trade Manager
19 Feb 2014, 19:18

I use a Trade manager EA under MT4 and i would like to know if something is possible under cTrade

what it do is when u place it on the chart and activate it it will plot lines on the chart 1 stop line 1 entry line and 2 exit lines
now u can move the lines arround
now when the market hits the entry line it wil place 3 orders
when target 1 has been hit it wil close 1 order and move 1 stop of the 2 remaining orders to break even
and if target 2 has been hit it wil move the stop of the last order to the level of target 1
then the last order will run till u stop it manualy or trailing or when it hit the stop
this way u can be save in your trade very easy and give the market enough room to swing around

would something be possible in ctrade ?

cTrader
@freakgib
Replies

kfxtrd
21 Feb 2014, 23:36

You can do almost all of it now in cTrader. Not everything, but most of it.

So what you should do, is enter one pending order 3x the size of your regular size (so it will essentially become 3 orders). Set up all 3 take profit levels, with a third of the whole volume for each. Also, set the breakeven pips amount to be the same as tp1. You can also set a simple trailing stop to start from tp2, which is not the same as what you want (because it will start from the entry, and not from tp1) but it's more than nothing.

@kfxtrd

mgalona74
14 Oct 2015, 13:57

Please make this feature. It's really useful. Thanks

@mgalona74

cherry.rj
22 Mar 2016, 23:37

The only reason I don't use ctrader on my live account is due to no trade manager. With my TM on mt4 I set my buys/sells by a percentage of my account and vary it from 1/4 of 1% to 2% depending on strength of trade. I can set the type of trade, percent of account slide horizontal lines for both tp and sl. Once I've set sl and tp the lot size is automatically set, my R/R showing, potential profit/loss showing and then hit enter trade.

@cherry.rj

... Deleted by UFO ...

... Deleted by UFO ...

beamer
25 Oct 2020, 13:48

trade management...

can agree with this sentiment totally...      sure there are some features you can already do manually, but to have a COMPLETE solution fully integrated into the platform would be awesome.  negate the need to enter multiple trades at one time just to stage them out at different levels, as a pseudo trade management solution.   keep working spotware!, you are getting close to the perfect platform!