Speed up / Rewrite whole application!

Created at 23 Feb 2014, 20:16
How’s your experience with the cTrader Platform?
Your feedback is crucial to cTrader's development. Please take a few seconds to share your opinion and help us improve your trading experience. Thanks!
KL

Kluczyk

Joined 17.02.2014

Speed up / Rewrite whole application!
23 Feb 2014, 20:16

ctrader works very slow, on many tabs/cards with currencies and especially extremally slow when I open more posiotions (like 50 and more - it can lost connection in that case). I suppose it was only case for my computer, but I checked on other brand new computers (Mac's on iSpot). Please improve speed and memory management, idk it that touching only web version but I supppose not because both are wrote in Java. In that case it will be hard to do something with it, rewrite whole application to C++ and for weeb version something light&fast like Adobe Flex maybe?

cTrader
@Kluczyk
Replies

Kluczyk
23 Feb 2014, 21:12

I forgot to add it just crash with time when many indicators and other tools were on it. Very big memory consumption.

@Kluczyk

David
20 Mar 2014, 03:35

I don't know what you're talking about with it being slow and crashing. I have it running on several machines and it is much faster than MT4 and far more user friendly, and it is extremely stable.

@David

jobenb
27 Mar 2014, 11:02

I don't think this is a good idea. C# is definitely the way to go. For best performance please don't use a mac. ;-)

@jobenb

kfxtrd
03 Apr 2014, 01:54

Personally I found it very stable (no crashes in 6+ months, while the same cannot be said for MT4) and fast too, but the memory consumption is an issue. An MT4 loaded with charts eats around 50-60 MBs of RAM, while cTrader with less charts (around 10-15) is eating 5-600 MBs. Definitely need to work on this.

@kfxtrd

mcsr
22 Mar 2015, 21:43

thank

@mcsr

PaulGekko
22 Oct 2015, 08:50

cTrader and cAlgo use an excesive amount of memory. Check my report of the issue and vote it to support it, please. This is a big problem of this platform.

http://vote.spotware.com/forums/229166-ideas-and-suggestions-for-ctrader-and-calgo/suggestions/10316478-ctrader-and-calgo-use-an-excesive-amount-of-memory

@PaulGekko

Lávio_Pareschi
08 Nov 2015, 18:16

To add WFO, walk forward optimization, an essential feature to CAlgo, it is a must to speed up the optimization and backtest process.
If compared to Ninja, that has WFO, CTrader optimization is too slow and this is a serious issue.

The good new is that it does not crash as Ninja does.

@Lávio_Pareschi

Kluczyk
23 Feb 2016, 17:02

They don't care about quality of application, they care about mobile ($) :/

@Kluczyk