Risk Reward Set Volume Calculation

Created at 14 Jul 2014, 13:31
How’s your experience with the cTrader Platform?
Your feedback is crucial to cTrader's development. Please take a few seconds to share your opinion and help us improve your trading experience. Thanks!
JO

jobenb

Joined 07.10.2013

Risk Reward Set Volume Calculation
14 Jul 2014, 13:31

Hi cTrader Team

I have a suggestion which will help the trader community immensely. Could you please add functionality that you can set the risk $ amount instead of the volume when placing an order and by dragging the stop loss from the order entry point you then adjust the volume so that you always risk the amount set as the available risk capital? If precise values are not possible then maybe using a Min Risk and Max Risk range and then a matching volume that match the closest within that range...

This will help a lot with setting Risk and Reward when placing an order.

Thank you!!!

completed Closed cTrader
@jobenb
Replies

Elogos
06 Aug 2014, 13:20

Would also need to ensure use of equity for margin does not go over loss amount, and have the option to lower the lot size based on margin use in those circumstances where people with smaller stops don't go crazy with SL -> Risk -> Margin use.

@Elogos

... Deleted by UFO ...

DontAlgoMe
12 Apr 2016, 08:06

spotware I think this is a great idea please listen. Would upvote if I could. I asked for something similar a while back.

@DontAlgoMe