Shading inbetween indicator lines

Created at 26 Jan 2015, 14:49
How’s your experience with the cTrader Platform?
Your feedback is crucial to cTrader's development. Please take a few seconds to share your opinion and help us improve your trading experience. Thanks!
JS

JS15

Joined 15.01.2015

Shading inbetween indicator lines
26 Jan 2015, 14:49

Shading inbetween indicator lines. eg. having a shaded area between the top and bottom Bollinger Band or 2 moving averages.
Thanks

cTrader
@JS15
Replies

meiko.allmis
12 Oct 2020, 12:05

RE: UserVoice

JS15 said:

Shading inbetween indicator lines. eg. having a shaded area between the top and bottom Bollinger Band or 2 moving averages.
Thanks

Would be happy to have this feature

@meiko.allmis

fxtradersystems
12 Oct 2020, 17:33

RE: RE: UserVoice

meiko.allmis said:

JS15 said:

Thanks

This is possible by adding the [Cloud()] attribute before the [Indicator()] attribute.

I've built the request here: https://ctrader.com/algos/indicators/show/2431

If you need any dev work done in the future, we're happy to help.

Contactable via both: fxtradersystems.com/support/ and via email at development@fxtradersystems.com

Cheers,

Sam

@fxtradersystems

yabozdar
18 Oct 2020, 21:55

RE: RE: RE: UserVoice

fxtradersystems said:

meiko.allmis said:

JS15 said:

Thanks

This is possible by adding the [Cloud()] attribute before the [Indicator()] attribute.

I've built the request here: https://ctrader.com/algos/indicators/show/2431

If you need any dev work done in the future, we're happy to help.

Contactable via both: fxtradersystems.com/support/ and via email at development@fxtradersystems.com

Cheers,

Sam

Looks good. Thanks for the share, Sam.

@yabozdar

Suzanne5681
19 Oct 2020, 21:51

I also notice their software update schedule has slowed down a whole lot since a few years ago, it seems to be going on a quarterly  global.subway.com or biannual rate now. I wish they would improve things more rapidly and Reply to tech related emails more often, but hey what can you do.

For the premade indicators the "channels" category offers a setting to shade inbetween,it is called "range", you basically right click on the indicator and change the drawing properties from "line" to "range". However, if you were to code your own channel, I have not found a way to apply the "range" coloring - for custom indicators for some reason all the other drawing types are available but that.

@Suzanne5681