More backtesting data for the smaller charts such as the 5 min and 15 min on Ctrader- 1 years' of data rather than 1 month for the 5 min.

Created at 11 Feb 2015, 12:14
How’s your experience with the cTrader Platform?
Your feedback is crucial to cTrader's development. Please take a few seconds to share your opinion and help us improve your trading experience. Thanks!
KA

kate1.618d

Joined 11.02.2015

More backtesting data for the smaller charts such as the 5 min and 15 min on Ctrader- 1 years' of data rather than 1 month for the 5 min.
11 Feb 2015, 12:14

To be able to backtest thoroughly a strategy, more than 1 months data is required in order to know how a strategy performs in a bad month or months. The last 5-6 months have been great months, but I cannot test my 5 min strategy on most of these months and any earlier and bad months (eg April 2014 or end of July) because the 5 min only provides me with about 1 month of data. Having access to 1 year of data for all charts would be sensational on Ctrader. CAlgo has it, but having it on Ctrader would be great so that 1 platform is used which improves processing times and other conveniences.

@kate1.618d
Replies

deansi
16 Feb 2015, 23:01

cAlgo has 4 years of data on my platform for the 5min chart. What you might be talking about is ctrader viewable chart which is about 1 month, I suggest just install cAlgo and use backtest of a example strategy, you should have access to the 4 years of 5 min data Im talking about.

@deansi